Author Topic: 'Blind sheikh' convicted in 1993 World Trade bombing dies in prison, son says  (Read 380 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
From Reuters:

Omar Abdel-Rahman, the extremist Muslim cleric known as "the blind sheikh" convicted of conspiracy in the 1993
World Trade Center bombing and of planning more attacks as part of a "war of urban terrorism" in the United States, has
died in a U.S. prison, his son Ammar told Reuters on Saturday.

Ammar said his family had received a phone call from a U.S. representative saying his father had died. He was 78.

The Egyptian-born Abdel-Rahman remained a spiritual leader for radical Muslims even after decades of incarceration.

With his long gray beard, sunglasses and red and white clerical cap, the charismatic Abdel-Rahman was the face of radical
Islam in the 1980s and 1990s. He preached a fiery brand of Islam that called for the death of people and governments he
disapproved of and the installation of an Islamic government in Egypt. His following was tied to fundamentalist killings and
bomb attacks around the world.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline skeeter

What a shame.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
What a shame.

I have never wished a man dead, but I have read a great many obituaries with a great deal of
pleasure.
---Clarence Darrow.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

What a shame.

The only shame of it is that I don't know where his grave is so I can piss on it.

Offline mountaineer

Darn, and me without any champagne in the cellar!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Should have happened in 1994........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I hope they applied some pig fat to him to speed his trip to hell.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I hope they applied some pig fat to him to speed his trip to hell.

Even if they didn't there is an express way on the highway to hell for these people.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley