Author Topic: Reports: Petraeus off the list, Trump down to three candidates to replace Flynn  (Read 561 times)

Offline endicom

The Hill
Brooke Seipel
Feb. 17, 2017

Retired general and former CIA Director David Petraeus has reportedly pulled his name from consideration to replace Michael Flynn as National Security Adviser.

According to a report by the Wall Street Journal Friday, Petraeus's name was floated for the role, but the White House was miffed by his concerns about staffing and independence. It's not clear how seriously he was being considered.

Still reportedly on the short list for the position are acting national security adviser Keith Kellogg, a retired three-star Army general and Flynn's chief of staff, former United Nations ambassador John Bolton, and Army strategist Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster.

More... http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/320206-petraeus-no-longer-being-considered-to-replace-flynn-report

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Bolton.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
No preference.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bolton.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I haven't yet completely given up on Harward but if it's not to be him then Bolton's the man!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

Bolton.