Author Topic: Largest US Jewish group denounces Trump's choice for ambassador to Israel  (Read 611 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Largest US Jewish group denounces Trump's choice for ambassador to Israel
Reform Jewish movement statement says David Friedman has 'extreme views' on settlements and two-state solution
The largest Jewish group in the US, the Reform Jewish movement, declared on Friday its opposition to the appointment of David Friedman as US ambassador to Israel.

"This is a critical moment. Never before have we opposed the nomination of a US ambassador," Rabbi Rick Jacobs, the president of the Union for Reform Judaism, said in a statement. "We do so now because of the imperative need for us to voice our concerns about this critically important appointment. Our statement comes from our deep love for Israel and our fear that longstanding bipartisan support for Israel hangs in the balance."

The statement, signed by the leaders of the organisation, said Friedman "lacks the basic qualifications for the position" and "lacks the necessary temperament for such a sensitive position".

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/largest-jewish-group-us-denounces-trumps-pick-ambassador-israel-1798079835
The Reform Jewish movement has roughly 900 congregations in the US and almost a million followers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:05:32 am by TomSea »

Offline Blizzardnh

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Largest US Jewish group denounces Trump's choice for ambassador to Israel
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 01:37:52 pm »
Either side with Israel, or side with the muzzies. There will be no middle ground.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley