Author Topic: The guitarist from Black Sabbath has written an epic choral piece (based on Psalm 33), and you need to hear it  (Read 528 times)

Offline mountaineer

The guitarist from Black Sabbath has written an epic choral piece and you need to hear it
5 January 2017, 17:00
Classic FM
He might be more famous for the iconic riffs of metal overlords Black Sabbath, but guitarist Tony Iommi has revealed a more classically-inclined side to his output.

Tony Iommi has composed a choral piece especially for Birmingham Cathedral, featuring contributions from the Birmingham Cathedral Choir and words selected by the Very Reverend Catherine Ogle, Dean of Birmingham.

The piece, entitled ‘How Good It Is’, is Iommi’s way of “giving something back” to his home city.

Describing the piece, Iommi said in a press release: “It’s just a little bit different to Sabbath! We’ve done instrumental work before with orchestras and it’s something I enjoy doing. It’s completely different from any of the heavier stuff. This is a completely new piece of music and I’m really pleased with it.”

Listen to ‘How Good It Is’ now ...
Audio at link.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Absolutely beautiful!  Thanks for posting that.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Very nice.

My favorite album by them is Sabotage.