Author Topic: New Jersey Democrats push measures to protect illegal immigrants, vow to defy Trump  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

New Jersey Democrats push measures to protect illegal immigrants, vow to defy Trump

By Elizabeth Llorente

Published February 15, 2017
FoxNews.com

Sanctuary city advocates in one state with a Trump friendly Republican governor are digging in their heels in the face of President Trump's threat to cut off federal funding.

Democratic lawmakers in New Jersey introduced bills this week calling on the state to reimburse so-called sanctuary cities that lose federal funding. And on Wednesday, Assemblyman John Wisniewski introduced legislation designating New Jersey a “sanctuary state,” generally preventing law enforcement officers from initiating contact with immigration officials, and from using state resources for the purpose of enforcing immigration laws.

In addition, several towns that have significant immigrant populations have declared themselves sanctuaries, saying they will not reach out to immigration officials about illegal immigrants they arrest or provide a service to unless they are serious criminals or a national security threat.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/15/new-jersey-democrats-push-measures-to-protect-illegal-immigrants-vow-to-defy-trump.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is no such thing as an "illegal" immigrant!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien