Author Topic: CNN chief says Trump’s attacks are boosting morale  (Read 602 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN chief says Trump’s attacks are boosting morale
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »

Jeff Zucker’s comments suggest White House media war may be benefiting both sides.

By Alex Weprin

02/16/17 05:57 PM EST

CNN President Jeff Zucker declared on Thursday that President Donald Trump’s comments about the channel being fake news are a “badge of honor” and that aggressive coverage of the new administration has boosted employee morale.

As Zucker was talking over a lunch with reporters at Porter House in the Time Warner Center in New York, Trump was hosting a fiery press conference featuring a memorable back-and-forth with CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta, who tried to ask a question about the president’s attacks on CNN.

“I'm changing it from ‘fake news,’ to ‘very fake news,’” Trump quipped in response.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-cnn-morale-jeff-zucker-235116
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: CNN chief says Trump’s attacks are boosting morale
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:40:35 pm »
Good for them.....because it sure hasn't boosted their ratings.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:46:51 pm »

Jeff Zucker’s comments suggest White House media war may be benefiting both sides.

By Alex Weprin

02/16/17 05:57 PM EST

CNN President Jeff Zucker declared on Thursday that President Donald Trump’s comments about the channel being fake news are a “badge of honor” and that aggressive coverage of the new administration has boosted employee morale.

As Zucker was talking over a lunch with reporters at Porter House in the Time Warner Center in New York, Trump was hosting a fiery press conference featuring a memorable back-and-forth with CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta, who tried to ask a question about the president’s attacks on CNN.

“I'm changing it from ‘fake news,’ to ‘very fake news,’” Trump quipped in response.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-cnn-morale-jeff-zucker-235116

@mystery-ak

Please note that I am staying off this thread 

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:07:21 pm »
So...it is true then:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:56:36 am »
I wonder what would happen if one of these news outlets actually started being responsible?

It's hard to predict.  Even if they started today and had a five-year track record of no agenda news and practicing Journalism 101 I'd still have to assume every story they put out is fake news.  Maybe not, I guess it is possible I might come around five years down the road.  That's just one heck of a track record to overcome.

Now it would be different if they came under new ownership and cleaned house.  Then I would be more likely to keep an open mind about it all.  Like anybody else I'd keep a wary eye on them but try to judge them on their own merits.  I just can't imagine any other way of righting the ship besides starting from scratch so to speak.

But it's an interesting question.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:38:39 am »
In a related news update, CNN further reported that the eternal war with EastAsia was ongoing.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 09:44:42 am »
I wonder what would happen if one of these news outlets actually started being responsible?

It's hard to predict.  Even if they started today and had a five-year track record of no agenda news and practicing Journalism 101 I'd still have to assume every story they put out is fake news.  Maybe not, I guess it is possible I might come around five years down the road.  That's just one heck of a track record to overcome.

Now it would be different if they came under new ownership and cleaned house.  Then I would be more likely to keep an open mind about it all.  Like anybody else I'd keep a wary eye on them but try to judge them on their own merits.  I just can't imagine any other way of righting the ship besides starting from scratch so to speak.

But it's an interesting question.

There is nothing they will ever do to regain trust. It is a similar question to whether or not anyone would ever trust the Democrat Party. Even EDIT 50 years from now, assuming we still exist and haven't nuked ourselves, the media of the day will carry the stigma, just as the Dems of today are associated with the KKK. Even with all new people, the history and the core philosophy they have will never change.

Today the Dems don't lynch blacks openly or keep slaves in the 1800s sense. They do however enslave them to poverty, use them as they see fit and punish them for any transgression. Media will be no different as they are Dems to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:45:29 am by Norm Lenhart »