Author Topic: Family and friends of 9/11 victims denounce President Trump’s travel ban, stand in solidarity with Muslims  (Read 752 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Family and friends of 9/11 victims denounce President Trump’s travel ban, stand in solidarity with Muslims
NY Daily News, Feb 16, 2017, Mary McDonnell

Relatives and friends of 9/11 victims called Thursday for an end to President Trump’s travel ban — saying it spreads the same hate that killed their loved ones.

The group of 10 unfurled a banner in Battery Park that called for “unity” with the Muslim community.

“We’re saying after 15 years, stop using our loved ones to support unjust hatred,” said Terry McGovern, whose mother Ann was on the 92nd floor of the South Tower when it collapsed.

“I felt sick to my stomach to see that he lists 9/11 (as a rationale for the ban). My mother would have hated this — the use of her death to justify banning people.”

“The current administration is trying to exploit our pain," said Talat Hamdani, the mother of NYPD first responder Mohammad Salman Hamdani, 23, whose remains were found by the North Tower.

“They are vultures. They are picking on the blood of 9/11. It is immoral and unethical. This country was founded by immigrants.”

Talat Hamdani, whose family is Muslim, said the ban will bar people like her son who lost his life trying to save others.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/family-friends-9-11-victims-denounce-trump-travel-ban-article-1.2974610

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“The current administration is trying to exploit our pain," said Talat Hamdani

No, idiot.  The current administration is trying to prevent others from feeling your pain.   :facepalm2:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Useful idiots of the taqiyya kind...

Offline Idiot

Family and friends of 9/11 victims denounce President Trump’s travel ban, stand in solidarity with Muslims
NY Daily News, Feb 16, 2017, Mary McDonnell

Relatives and friends of 9/11 victims called Thursday for an end to President Trump’s travel ban — saying it spreads the same hate that killed their loved ones.

The group of 10 unfurled a banner in Battery Park that called for “unity” with the Muslim community.

“We’re saying after 15 years, stop using our loved ones to support unjust hatred,” said Terry McGovern, whose mother Ann was on the 92nd floor of the South Tower when it collapsed.

“I felt sick to my stomach to see that he lists 9/11 (as a rationale for the ban). My mother would have hated this — the use of her death to justify banning people.”

“The current administration is trying to exploit our pain," said Talat Hamdani, the mother of NYPD first responder Mohammad Salman Hamdani, 23, whose remains were found by the North Tower.

“They are vultures. They are picking on the blood of 9/11. It is immoral and unethical. This country was founded by immigrants.”

Talat Hamdani, whose family is Muslim, said the ban will bar people like her son who lost his life trying to save others.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/family-friends-9-11-victims-denounce-trump-travel-ban-article-1.2974610
Insanity....

Offline Norm Lenhart

Grief makes people do all kinds of strange things. But it's just as likely they were leftists to begin with and care more about the agenda than their loss.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Grief makes people do all kinds of strange things. But it's just as likely they were leftists to begin with and care more about the agenda than their loss.
First: 10 people? We are supposed to care what 10 people think? In a nation of 350 million? How is this even a story?

Second: Sounds like a group of Muslims and leftists who would protest anything Trump does, no matter what it is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

First: 10 people? We are supposed to care what 10 people think? In a nation of 350 million? How is this even a story?

Second: Sounds like a group of Muslims and leftists who would protest anything Trump does, no matter what it is.

It's the age of internet drama. People look for things to be outraged by as a form of entertainment. So 10 liberals/Muslims with an agenda may as well be the Holocaust to the average brain dead facebooker or Twitter user. It's a way to feel good about being outraged without ever leaving the comfort of their keyboards.

See also '"Brigading" and 'Virtue Signaling".

Offline Norm Lenhart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-e4PgiVfM