Author Topic: This Sucks: McDonald's Invents New Straw Designed for a Milkshake  (Read 836 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Rest easy. The world is saved!

When McDonald's unleashed four new shamrock-inspired beverages last week—the Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe, the Chocolate Shamrock Shake, the Shamrock Hot Chocolate, and the Shamrock Mocha—consumers of that second drink ran into a tragedy of epic proportions: If one wanted to taste both of the layered flavors at once, he or she would have to be one hell of an accurate straw user or, painfully, have to mix the independent mint and chocolate flavors by hand.

The corporation responded to the conundrum in mere days.

Their solution: the STRAW, or the Suction Tube for Reverse Axial Withdrawal.

More, with video goodness: http://www.obsev.com/food/sucks-mcdonalds-invents-new-straw-designed-milkshake.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: This Sucks: McDonald's Invents New Straw Designed for a Milkshake
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:25:36 pm »
You know this is just a prime example of what's wrong with McD's and has been for decades, it's the TMS syndrome, TOO MUCH SHIT on the damn menu and why they and Carl's, BK and a host of others around America are struggling, they ran away from their founder's core concepts. It's why Operations like In-N-Out on the west coast have not only remained profitable but thrived, they remained true too concept and methods, they don't sell fish, chicken or mexican food, they don't sell the burger or beverage of the month. They sell hamburgers and cheeseburgers in several variations, fries, shakes and sodas and they still make as you are ordering it, I don't mean assemble out of a warmer like every major chain does, i mean assembled as it is cooked in a constant stream because so many people are ordering it and are happy to wait for it. Back in the day that's how McD's was, if back in the days means pre 80's that is. I remember being on the grill for hours cooking burgers and breakfast because we were so busy, and the food tasted totally different. Today if I take my grandson to McD's, few and far between, I recognize the food but it in know way tastes like it used too and this is directly attributable to the so called made to order policy, how the hell is it made to order when it's been sitting in a warming cabinet for up to thirty minutes. Back in the day of warming bins and ten minute holding times, that's where Mcd's needs to go, oh and scrap at least 50% of the menu.

Damn I haven't talked about McD's and fast food as much as I have the last two days for years and years, and I know you all don't give a flying rats patoot. All this over a stupid straw.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:31:02 pm »
I, for one, find it very interesting. It's like a living "How it's made."

Love people who are passionate about things, too.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:14:48 pm »
My friend always orders a half and half shamrock/chocolate, and sometimes they are hesitant. Now that it's official, she'll be very pleased.  Too bad the stars are so limited in distribution!!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:22:37 pm »
When I was in the Army (years ago and before I was married) my close circle of male friends would take our girlfriends to McDonalds and insist on buy them a shake.  My future wife asked my why.  I told her it was for the training.