Author Topic: Carr: Kudos to President Trump for calling out fake news  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

Carr: Kudos to President Trump for calling out fake news
« on: February 17, 2017, 12:06:23 pm »
Donald Trump is right — the alt-left fake news media are out of control.

“The press has become so dishonest,” he said today, “that if we don’t talk about it, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people.”

The pampered pukes have been lying for a long time — just ask the New England Patriots about their “BITTER END.” But this week’s deluge of fake news has just been totally over the top. Trump singled out Wednesday’s New York Times page-one story about the “repeated contacts” of Trump campaign aides with Russians.

That, he said, was “fake news.” And then there was yesterday’s Wall Street Journal front-page non-story, “Spies Keep Intelligence from Trump.”

“Almost as disgraceful,” the president said.

Let’s start with the Times story, which was a rehash of a story last month which was itself a rehash of a story in October.

Third paragraph: “The officials interviewed in recent weeks said that, so far, they had seen no evidence of such cooperation.”

So Obama’s stooges were tapping the phones of Trump aides during the campaign — imagine Nixon doing that to McGovern! But they turned up nothing. “So far.” I like that, “so far.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/howie_carr/2017/02/carr_kudos_to_president_trump_for_calling_out_fake_news

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Carr: Kudos to President Trump for calling out fake news
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:38 pm »
Howie Carr is a complete idiot. He has a good knowledge of local politics (and Whitey of course, which he brings up every hour) but little else. He just rehashes all the conservative talking points on a daily basis, day in and day out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:08:15 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

geronl

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:37:05 pm »
Whining and crying about the media is not part of his job, it looks like whining crybaby stuff

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:37:59 pm »
Whining and crying about the media is not part of his job, it looks like whining crybaby stuff

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:20:39 pm »

Wait ...what?  Do you mean we weren't serious about wanting a Republican with the brass to finally take on the press?

Or are your shorts in a bunch because the President with the brass to do this is Trump?

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 01:23:32 pm »
Wait ...what?  Do you mean we weren't serious about wanting a Republican with the brass to finally take on the press?

Or are your shorts in a bunch because the President with the brass to do this is Trump?

Just because you see it that way doesn't mean others will.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 01:27:00 pm »

It wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the simpletons who make up the mob wanting a Trump loyal state media (They apparently aren't satisfied with FOX). They claim they only want a media that reports straightforward honesty but that's BS and we all know it because literally anything they don't like is immediately labeled "fake news".

Thomas Jefferson's arguments with the press are legendary but his disgust with them was really secondary to his disappointment with the American people who preferred to be entertained and lied to as long as it was exciting.

Perhaps an editor might begin a reformation in some such way as this. divide his paper into 4. chapters, heading the 1st. Truths. 2d. Probabilities. 3d. Possibilities. 4th. Lies. the 1st. chapter would be very short, as it would contain little more than authentic papers, and information from such sources as the editor would be willing to risk his own reputation for their truth. the 2d. would contain what, from a mature consideration of all circumstances, his judgment should conclude to be probably true. this however should rather contain too little than too much. the 3d. & 4th. should be professedly for those readers who would rather have lies for their money than the blank paper they would occupy.

Such an editor too would have to set his face against the demoralising practice of feeding the public mind habitually on slander, & the depravity of taste which this nauseous aliment induces. defamation is becoming a necessary of life: insomuch that a dish of tea, in the morning or evening, cannot be digested without this stimulant. even those who do not believe these abominations, still read them with complacence to their auditors, and, instead of the abhorrence & indignation which should fill a virtuous mind, betray a secret pleasure in the possibility that some may believe them, tho they do not themselves. it seems to escape them that it is not he who prints, but he who pays for printing a slander, who is it’s real author.

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Jefferson/99-01-02-5737

To make matters worse they're taking the same attitude toward national intelligence agencies and want a Trump loyal intell and security force and don't you dare make any comparisons to Hitler no matter how fitting.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 01:33:58 pm »
To make matters worse they're taking the same attitude toward national intelligence agencies and want a Trump loyal intell and security force and don't you dare make any comparisons to Hitler no matter how fitting.

Why does the requirement that the intelligence community be loyal to the law upset you so?

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 01:36:55 pm »

How fitting is it? Countering illegal 'leaks' is being like Hitler?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 02:04:58 pm »
Calling Trump a jester at this point is just meaningless insolence.

The truth is there are three jesters on this thread - talk about whining and crybaby stuff! 

Always prancing around, brandishing their "conservatism" like a badge of sanctimony - rubbing it in everyone's face at every opportunity.  Anybody that is not a pure flaming liberal approved of the way Trump handled our enemy press yesterday - even people that are not fans of Donald Trump!

You.....Three Stooges - absolutely LIVE to shred Trump no matter what he does.  A couple of you, I think are pure trolls pretending to be something you are not - but @Cripplecreek  - I think you really believe your own crap!

I don't think anyone here is really buying what you guys are trying to sell anymore - in fact, you are destroying your brand.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 02:08:40 pm »
I appreciate Trump calling out the press, but I wish he could have done it in a more coherent fashion.  Listening to him explain something is like listening to a first grader reading out loud. I sit there thinking come oooooooonnnn, sound it out, sound it out, Donald. You can do it.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 02:12:11 pm »
I appreciate Trump calling out the press, but I wish he could have done it in a more coherent fashion.  Listening to him explain something is like listening to a first grader reading out loud. I sit there thinking come oooooooonnnn, sound it out, sound it out, Donald. You can do it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 02:15:44 pm »

The truth is there are three jesters on this thread - talk about whining and crybaby stuff! 

Always prancing around, brandishing their "conservatism" like a badge of sanctimony - rubbing it in everyone's face at every opportunity.  Anybody that is not a pure flaming liberal approved of the way Trump handled our enemy press yesterday - even people that are not fans of Donald Trump!

You.....Three Stooges - absolutely LIVE to shred Trump no matter what he does.  A couple of you, I think are pure trolls pretending to be something you are not - but @Cripplecreek  - I think you really believe your own crap!

I don't think anyone here is really buying what you guys are trying to sell anymore - in fact, you are destroying your brand.

Its not that an alternative point of view isn't welcome - its that the posters you refer to feel the need to overwhelm each thread with their entirely predictable point of view.

Like a broken record. We get it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:16:56 pm by skeeter »

Offline anubias

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 02:15:55 pm »

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 03:19:43 pm »

Just because you see it that way doesn't mean others will.

Right back at ya ...