Author Topic: Israelis post anti-Arab racism online every 46 seconds, study finds  (Read 742 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
By Rami Younis |Published February 13, 2017
Israelis post anti-Arab racism online every 46 seconds, study finds
A new study shows that Israeli Jews publushed 675,000 racist posts on social media in 2016 — a dangerous increase from 2015, when only 280,000 such posts were published.

Every 46 seconds an Israeli Jew publishes a racist or inciting comment against Arabs on Facebook and other social networks, a new study finds. According to the Arab Center for the Advancement of Social Media (7amleh), which published its Index for Racism and Incitement on Social Media last week, 60,000 active Israeli social media users published at least one racist post against Arabs in 2016.

Continued: https://972mag.com/israelis-post-anti-arab-racism-online-every-46-seconds-study-finds/125181/

Offline Suppressed

Re: Israelis post anti-Arab racism online every 46 seconds, study finds
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:07 am »
Sadly, no matter how good many Israelis are, there's a not-insignificant portion of the population that is anti-Arab and/or anti-Christian, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:17:00 am »
This comes out of an Israel-based website; a joint effort of Israelis.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:24:51 am »
I can't tell from this how many are truly Israeli. Or, if Israeli, how many are Jewish. Think of how many hate offenses in this country turn out to be by someone in the target group.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:26:23 am »
No need to make excuses.

Every country has it's share of idiots - Israel is no different.

My question for the people who carried out the study - has the NUMBER of Israeli Jews making these comments increased by the same or similar proportion? Or is it the same bunch of morons as last year getting louder?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink