Author Topic: Warmists convert a stunning scientific discovery into a sign of looming Armageddon  (Read 2097 times)

rangerrebew

February 16, 2017
Warmists convert a stunning scientific discovery into a sign of looming Armageddon
By Thomas Lifson

Two British scientists have made an important new discovery (scientific abstract here), mapping what lies beneath the earth’s crust, and discovering a vast “molten zone” of carbon beneath the Western United States.

Scientists using the world's largest array of seismic sensors found a huge area of melting carbon covering 1.8 million km2 (684 000 mi2), 350 km (217.5 miles) beneath the Western US. The discovery challenges accepted the understanding of how much carbon the Earth contains and suggests it is much more than previously understood.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/02/warmists_convert_a_stunning_scientific_discovery_into_a_sign_of_looming_armageddon.html#ixzz4YrCk0Bv4
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Huge sea of BOILING CARBON the size of MEXICO sitting beneath USA – UK geologists warn
SCIENTISTS have found a huge pool of molten carbon under the US – and have warned it would spark an unprecedented disaster if released.
By Tom Parfitt
PUBLISHED: 04:53, Thu, Feb 16, 2017 | UPDATED: 13:25, Thu, Feb 16, 2017

Researchers mapped the area – which covers 700,000 sq miles, around the same size as Mexico – using a massive network of seismic sensors.

And they fear it could cause unprecedented environmental damage if emitted into the atmosphere.

The study was carried out by a team of geologists from top London university Royal Holloway.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/767921/science-study-molten-carbon-USA-Mexico-Royal-Holloway
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:54:47 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Was it started by global warming? :silly:

Offline skeeter

I'm not sure I understand. We've known about the earth's mantle for decades.

Wingnut

Damn.  And it is dark at night followed by light in the morning.   

What ever is a boy to do?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Express readers, however ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, if this is true, then it makes no difference what people do - we're all doomed!

Wingnut

Express readers, however ....

Ah.  Over here we call them Bernie Sanders supporters.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:07:28 pm by Wingnut »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Is it unreasonable to suspect that beneath Mexico there is a sea of boiling carbon the size of the USA?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline dfwgator

Is it unreasonable to suspect that beneath Mexico there is a sea of boiling carbon the size of the USA?

Now, if it were the size of Russia, I'd be impressed.

Wingnut

Now, if it were the size of Russia, I'd be impressed.

And then the rats would want to investigate Trump to find out what association he has with the boiling Russian gas.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The entire country might fart, in other words?

Wingnut

MAGMA?
It has to be trumps fault.
He wants to create a new slogan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A hunka hunka burnin' Globull Warming.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

MAGMA?
It has to be trumps fault.
He wants to create a new slogan

Make America Igneous Again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, if this is true, then it makes no difference what people do - we're all doomed!

Yeah, pretty much.  I've been saying that for years. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

Wingnut

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Make America Go Molten Again.

888high58888  Well done, sir!
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Only if we let the Scientists do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHtZ6Ixeqvs

Oceander

It would be an interesting phenomenon to learn about if it weren't already couched in the political terms of global warming.  Politics should play no part in scientific research.

Offline r9etb

It would be an interesting phenomenon to learn about if it weren't already couched in the political terms of global warming.  Politics should play no part in scientific research.

Here's the worser thing, from the perspective of the left..... that vast pool of carbon: could that be where oil comes from (at least in part)?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Make America Igneous Again.
That could make for some interesting rocks, not to mention the diamonds...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:29:16 am by MOD8 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Huge sea of BOILING CARBON the size of MEXICO sitting beneath USA – UK geologists warn
SCIENTISTS have found a huge pool of molten carbon under the US – and have warned it would spark an unprecedented disaster if released.
By Tom Parfitt
PUBLISHED: 04:53, Thu, Feb 16, 2017 | UPDATED: 13:25, Thu, Feb 16, 2017

Researchers mapped the area – which covers 700,000 sq miles, around the same size as Mexico – using a massive network of seismic sensors.

And they fear it could cause unprecedented environmental damage if emitted into the atmosphere.
DUH! That much magma, regardless of composition, just MIGHT change things a little, ya think?

Sheesh!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis