Author Topic: Here Are The Funniest Punishments Ever Handed Down In the Military, According To The Internet  (Read 778 times)

rangerrebew

Here Are The Funniest Punishments Ever Handed Down In the Military, According To The Internet
By Brian Adam Jones
on August 1, 2014
T&P on Facebook
shares
We picked out the best stories from a Reddit thread on funny military punishments. Enjoy.

These are so good.

Anyone who has served in the military has great stories from boot camp, deployments, or military life.

A recent thread on Reddit asked “Military personnel of Reddit, what’s the best/weirdest/funniest punishment you’ve seen handed down by a superior?”

The rigorous authority and rank structures of the military are notorious. Give a lot of young, motivated people a little bit of authority, and watch what funny stories they come up with.

Check my favorite answers out below and tell us your funny story in the comments.

(Responses have been edited for profanity and clarity.)

http://taskandpurpose.com/funniest-punishments-military-reddit/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:09:29 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Night Hides Not

Thanks for posting. A couple were pretty funny, the rest were harassment.

When I was Battalion S-4, I'd send a new soldier on a mission, to bring back a bucket of steam, to steam clean my jeep's engine under field conditions. My NCOs were on board with me, and the young soldier was put to the test.

You could tell by their reaction as to what type of soldier they'd become. Those that took it in good humor were good soldiers. Even those that didn't react so well had potential.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.