Author Topic: Oklahoma lawmaker proposes bill requiring man’s permission for abortion  (Read 1154 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oklahoma lawmaker proposes bill requiring man’s permission for abortion

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – A Republican Oklahoma lawmaker who defended his description of pregnant women as “hosts” won approval Tuesday for his bill that would require women seeking an abortion to first receive written consent from the father.

The state House Public Health Committee voted 5-2 in favor of the bill by Rep. Justin Humphrey, despite Humphrey’s own concession that it might be unconstitutional. It now proceeds to the full House, where it’s likely to pass if granted a hearing.

Continued: http://nbc4i.com/2017/02/14/oklahoma-lawmaker-proposes-bill-requiring-mans-permission-for-abortion/

geronl

Re: Oklahoma lawmaker proposes bill requiring man’s permission for abortion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:37:09 am »
It might be impossible to determine who the father is for some of these women.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Oklahoma lawmaker proposes bill requiring man’s permission for abortion
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:54:40 am »
It might be impossible to determine who the father is for some of these women.
They'll still blame someone so the Social Services can hit them up for child support the Social Services people will skim. I see some guy signing the paper (and admitting paternity) just before she changes her mind...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis