Author Topic: Farewell to the Chief. CMSAF James Cody reflects on his Air Force career  (Read 484 times)

rangerrebew

Farewell to the Chief

CMSAF James Cody reflects on his Air Force career

13 February 2017
Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James A. Cody represents the highest enlisted level of leadership, and as such, provides direction for the enlisted force and represents their interests, as appropriate, to the American public, and to those in all levels of government. After a lifetime of service, Chief Cody, bids the United States Air Force farewell.
(U.S. Air Force video // Pete Ising)

Airman Magazine: Alright chief, it’s been more than a 30-year journey. It’s coming to an end. Folks would like to know if when you were in basic training; did you think that you would be amongst some of the greats like Chief Paul Airey, Bob Gaylor, Sam Parish, and others? Was that even a thought?

CMSAF Cody: Every Airman I think can relate to what I’m going to say. At basic training you learn about the chief master sergeants of the Air Force. You certainly had a military training instructor that likely told you that, “Hey, one of you could be the chief master sergeant of the Air Force,” and you actually believed it, right? Because you didn’t really understand the talent pool that you were getting ready to jump into. I’m fairly confident that I was standing around a bunch of other young men and women that thought it was possible; and certainly it is. I sit here today. I think when you get out into our Air Force and you realize just what it’s all about and the people that are in it, you kind of start to move away almost immediately from this idea that you’re going to be the chief master sergeant in the Air Force and you really just start to focus on being the best Airman you can be, doing the best job you can do … there are a lot of great Airmen out there, a lot of great Airmen that are far better than I am at many different things. We just feel blessed and privileged for the opportunity to have been selected for this position.

http://airman.dodlive.mil/2017/02/farewell-to-the-chief/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:44:00 pm by rangerrebew »