Author Topic: Angela Merke Will Expel Asylum Seekers From Germany As Support For Muslim Migrants Collapses  (Read 1317 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Angela Merkel Will Expel Asylum Seekers From Germany As Support For Muslim Migrants Collapses

By Miles Goslett    4:27 am, February 10, 2017

Angela Merkel met state governors last night to discuss expelling failed asylum seekers from Germany.

Merkel’s popularity has been seriously dented as a result of her policy of welcoming more than one million immigrants to her country since 2015.

With a general election scheduled for September, she is said to be desperate to boost her chances of securing a fourth term in office.

According to official figures, Germany rejected more than 170,000 asylum applications in 2016 but repatriated only 26,000 people.

Under a 16-point plan drawn up by Merkel and her advisors, police would be allowed to detain people deemed to be a threat, with “federal departure centres” built near airports to house rejected applicants. There will also be an increase in financial incentives to boost voluntary departures.

Germany’s creaking asylum system was exposed last year by the failure to deport the Tunisian Islamic radical Anis Amri. He was denied asylum six months before killing 12 people in the Berlin Christmas market truck attack.

In a separate development, German police announced yesterday they had arrested two Islamists and, they believed, prevented another terror attack.

This week new figures revealed that more than half of Europeans want to ban immigration from predominately Muslim countries.

The study, by London-based think-tank The Royal Institute of International Affairs, found that 55 per cent of Europeans across 10 countries think further immigration from mostly-Muslim countries should stop.

Researchers quizzed more than 10,000 people from Britain, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Hungary and Poland. The poll was taken before Donald Trump issued an executive order banning the citizens of seven Muslim-majority states from entering the US.

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/angela-merkel-will-expel-asylum-seekers-from-germany-as-support-for-muslim-migrants-collapses/?mod=sm_fb_ad
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Comment removed. This is World News, not Trump News.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:14:21 am by EC »

Offline verga

Well that didn't take long.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jpsb

Well that didn't take long.

Now let's see the Marxist media go ballistic on the Marxist Merkel like they did on the conservative Trump. How many think that is going to happen?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Now let's see the Marxist media go ballistic on the Marxist Merkel like they did on the conservative Trump. How many think that is going to happen?

What does that mean?  And, how did Trump get into this thread?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if she will actually do anything significant, or just make it look like she's really working hard "for the German people"?

Offline jpsb

What does that mean?  And, how did Trump get into this thread?

I'll explain later once I am convinced Merkel really intends to deport the so called refugees. I've not seen this any where else so it might be Fake News.

Offline skeeter

I'll believe it when I see it. How trustworthy is this news source?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'll explain later once I am convinced Merkel really intends to deport the so called refugees. I've not seen this any where else so it might be Fake News.

OK, good point.

Offline truth_seeker

Comment removed. This is World News, not Trump News.
I don't remember the comment which was removed.

Moving it to a different category is one thing (no disagreement from me), but deleting a comment should come with a courtesy notice to me for the reason, and I strongly take issue with that.

Please stop naming members who you think are MODs....

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:42:25 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline dfwgator

Oh, they will,  Merkel is considered a "Conservative" in Germany.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I don't remember the comment which was removed.

Moving it to a different category is one thing (no disagreement from me), but deleting a comment should come with a courtesy notice to me for the reason, and I strongly take issue with that.

Please stop naming members who you think are MODs....

Your comment, which I removed, was "Trump's fault." with nothing else added. There are 9 other boards for American politics. Only one for the rest of the world.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

Your comment, which I removed, was "Trump's fault." with nothing else added. There are 9 other boards for American politics. Only one for the rest of the world.

So you have authority to alter any post, if you have a different view?

There are FAR more serious rule violations everyday that go unchanged.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Merkel is grasping.

She's the one primarily responsible for the muslim immigrant mess, which has imported hundreds of thousands of unassimilible invaders into Germany.

Now, for the sake of re-election, she is trying to project the image that she will "send them back"...