Author Topic: Reality Check  (Read 1958 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Reality Check
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:23:36 am »
We all have difficulties. Some are related to age,some to health,some are financial,and some to injuries. We all complain about these things,but most of us just learn to live with them and we even develop  a sense of humor about them because what else CAN we do.

Was shopping at a local hardware store today for a strap wrench,and noticed a really fat woman shopping with a girl who was obviously her teenage daughter. Girl also had read hair,and looked to be maybe 17. I have seen film of women released from Nazi labor/death camps from WW-2 that looked fat compared to this girl. She was maybe 5'7" or so,but I seriously doubt she weighed 80 lbs.

They ended up in the checkout line ahead of me,and when they left I mentioned the above to the cashier,and she knew them. She said the girl had leukemia,and wasn't doing well with it. Despite this truly horrible piece of news,the mother was laughing and smiling,and the girl was trying to smile as they talked with the help while shopping and the cashier.

Kinda put my little aches and pains that I had been whining about in focus.  I,like most of you,may have a few aches and pains from living more than 6 decades of life with virtually no effort having been made to take care of myself,and here is a teenage girl that has most likely known nothing but suffering the last couple of years,with virtually no hope of anything but worse to come.

Don't believe I will do much whining for a while,and instead of focusing on the things that are bad,try to focus on and appreciate a little more the things that aren't.

I believe there is a lesson in this for all of us. Especially those of us who spend so much time ranting and raving about politics with people we don't even know on the internet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Reality Check
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:43:39 am »
Be grateful ....
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 03:45:17 am »
Don't believe I will do much whining for a while,and instead of focusing on the things that are bad,try to focus on and appreciate a little more the things that aren't.

Well I'm going to whine about the new Army dress uniform. It looks like something from a Civil War movie.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 06:53:15 am »
She said the girl had leukemia,and wasn't doing well with it.

My younger brother died of leukemia at age 37, and it was very, very hard on our entire family.

My father and I took it probably the worst.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln