Author Topic: Playboy is featuring naked women again  (Read 2867 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Playboy is featuring naked women again
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:44:47 pm »
The 63-year-old legendary men’s magazine is bringing back nude models in its upcoming issue — one year after banning naked photos in an effort to boost circulation and attract more mainstream advertisers.

That effort obviously has failed.

More at:
http://nypost.com/2017/02/13/playboy-is-featuring-naked-women-again/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Playboy is featuring naked women again
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:55:38 pm »
I predict a major uptick in Kleenex stocks.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 11:19:47 pm »
The 63-year-old legendary men’s magazine is bringing back nude models in its upcoming issue — one year after banning naked photos in an effort to boost circulation and attract more mainstream advertisers.

So it wasn't about the articles after all; it was about the "articles."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 11:22:50 pm »
What a worthless mag. Anyone with half a brain just goes online for all the FREE naked chicks they could ever want.....unless someone is really into reading long winded articles by Norman Mailer about his waning libido. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:28:12 pm »
What a worthless mag. Anyone with half a brain just goes online for all the FREE naked chicks they could ever want.....unless someone is really into reading long winded articles by Norman Mailer about his waning libido.

Why bother?  I can find a chick getting it on with a telephone pole for free.  It all seems downhill after that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:28:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 11:33:07 pm »
Why bother?  I can find a chick getting it on with a telephone pole for free.  It all seems downhill after that.

Got a telecommunications fetish, eh?

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 11:36:53 pm »
From the picture, it looks like they are featuring young boys with breasts. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 11:39:48 pm »

The Snowflakes are into androgyny.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:16:54 am »

Link? For a friend of course you see...  :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:41 am »

Link? For a friend of course you see...  :whistle:

Goggle is your friend....
I will NOT comply.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:46:53 am »
A favorite of urban metrosexual fashionistas who drink Starbucks, carry purses and get pedicures. Women frighten them. And if you haven't ever lived in the tonier precincts of 21st century American Urbania, the women are in fact quite frightening. The men are often possessed of feminine mannerisms, proudly pusillanimous and petulant. Their female counterparts are aggressive, emotionally twitchy, mindlessly acquisitive, and perpetually outraged.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:47:56 am »
Consider that one of the articles in the Return to Nudity edition:

"Van Jones, American Hero."

When you're desperate to maintain an audience, horny guys probably don't want to hear the rantings of a political movement that wants to emasculate them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 01:02:25 am »
A favorite of urban metrosexual fashionistas who drink Starbucks, carry purses and get pedicures. Women frighten them. And if you haven't ever lived in the tonier precincts of 21st century American Urbania, the women are in fact quite frightening. The men are often possessed of feminine mannerisms, proudly pusillanimous and petulant. Their female counterparts are aggressive, emotionally twitchy, mindlessly acquisitive, and perpetually outraged.

Ya got that GD right.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 01:11:14 am »

I had to look me up a word our two in that!    :beer:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 01:15:51 am »
I had to look me up a word or two in that!    :beer:
Well, I live back in the woods you see... a Neanderthal with a graduate degree. (apologies to Hank, Jr.)
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 01:21:03 am »
Well, I live back in the woods you see... a Neanderthal with a graduate degree. (apologies to Hank, Jr.)

They say country folks can survive.   

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 01:24:15 am »
They say country folks can survive.   

And they was right.  :beer:

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 01:29:53 am »
I predict a major uptick in Kleenex stocks.....

I predict a quick bankruptcy.  I guess Hugh Hefner will outlive his money machine, after all.

This was a fast-track to irrelevancy.  In this day and age, anyone who did buy Playboy, bought it out of habit.  That changed when it tried to be come another Esquire.  There isn't room for two; and magazines are obsolete in this age anyway.  It became a publication without a market; and now they want to backtrack.

There is no putting the genii back in the bottle.  No un-breaking the window.  Done is done; fold up and liquidate, decently.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 01:36:23 am »
Got a telecommunications fetish, eh?

He might be into splinters... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 01:40:52 am »
:beer: Well said!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 02:46:54 am »
Goggle is your friend....

As in Beer Goggle?  :tongue2:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 02:54:20 am »
Finally!   :smokin:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 12:22:34 am »
I predict a quick bankruptcy.  I guess Hugh Hefner will outlive his money machine, after all.

This was a fast-track to irrelevancy.  In this day and age, anyone who did buy Playboy, bought it out of habit.  That changed when it tried to be come another Esquire.  There isn't room for two; and magazines are obsolete in this age anyway.  It became a publication without a market; and now they want to backtrack.

There is no putting the genii back in the bottle.  No un-breaking the window.  Done is done; fold up and liquidate, decently.
Except for mags like "Guns and Ammo" I don't think there are any men's mags anymore that appeal to red-blooded, conservative males.  I haven't bought either mag for decades, but based on recent  articles I've read from Playboy and Esquire, men's mags seem to have all been taken over by metrosexual pansies i.e. liberals. The kind who are horrified by muscle cars, guns, bar fights, and men urinating standing up.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 12:31:47 am »
I remember the Playmate of the Month, when PLAYBOY first showed pubic hair.

She was Swedish blonde.  Very tastefully shot.

PLAYBOY was always respectful of the models.

Unlike PENTHOUSE...which I bought strictly for the LETTERS.      :smokin:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:55:07 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 12:32:24 am »
Except for mags like "Guns and Ammo" I don't think there are any men's mags anymore that appeal to red-blooded, conservative males.  I haven't bought either mag for decades, but based on recent  articles I've read from Playboy and Esquire, men's mags seem to have all been taken over by metrosexual pansies i.e. liberals. The kind who are horrified by muscle cars, guns, bar fights, and men urinating standing up.

Fine Woodworking. That's still a pleasure to read.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink