Author Topic: The Accuser of the Brother. When a white leftist senator smeared a black conservative Supreme Court nominee.  (Read 556 times)

rangerrebew

The Accuser of the Brother
When a white leftist senator smeared a black conservative Supreme Court nominee.
February 13, 2017
Lloyd Billingsley
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook55Share to TwitterShare to More50Share to Print

Even with help from Yuri Andropov’s Soviet Union, the Democrats could not defeat Ronald Reagan in 1984. Led by Ted Kennedy, who had sought aid from the Soviets, the Democrats smeared Reagan’s nominee Robert Bork, who failed to gain a seat on the high court. In 1991, when George Bush nominated black conservative Clarence Thomas, the smear artist Kennedy took a back seat to Howard Metzenbaum, a man well suited for the task. 

The Ohio Democrat could boast strong leftist credentials and had been a consort of the Communist Party. Metzenbaum served as secretary for the National Lawyers Guild, a CPUSA front, and treasurer of the Ohio School of Social Science, a CPUSA training operation. Metzenbaum never served in the U.S. armed forces but in 1974 he charged that challenger John Glenn never “met a payroll,” and that Glenn’s military and NASA experience did not even qualify as a job. Glenn replied:

“I spent 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I lived through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on twelve different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn’t my checkbook, it was my life that was on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Jeeeeeeeeez, and here I thought Howard Metzenbaum went the way of the bird he resembled most: the do-do, chasing
his tail, trying to (and often succeeding) stick his head up his own @$$ . . .

Wackyland
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:25:12 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.