Author Topic: Trump could shut off refugee spigot without executive order. 'All he has to do is send a memo to Congress'  (Read 374 times)

rangerrebew

Trump could shut off refugee spigot without executive order
'All he has to do is send a memo to Congress'
Published: 15 hours ago

If President Donald Trump wants to curtail migration into the U.S. from some of the world’s most dangerous hotspots of jihadism, he has options that would effectively navigate an end-run around the courts.

Trump hinted in his news conference Friday that the nation should expect something quickly, possibly a whole new executive order that would bypass the legal challenges.

“We will keep our country safe. That’s what I’m here for… I will give it the best security, so it will happen very rapidly,” Trump said Friday.

His top policy aide, Stephen Miller, said essentially the same thing in appearing on all the major Sunday morning news shows.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/trump-could-shut-off-refugee-spigot-without-executive-order/#kDd0CtuP0fLoJ5rR.99

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Why does Congress care more for people in Syria then they do for Americans?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why does Congress care more for people in Syria then they do for Americans?

You missed the memo? The election is done, they have your vote. Now it's time for the people to shut up and let their betters act (or more usually fail to act) unhindered by such plebeian nonsense as criticism and accountability to their constituents.

/bitter sarcasm
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink