Author Topic: Illegal immigrants meet with Mexican officials in Phoenix, discuss options under Trump administration  (Read 863 times)

rangerrebew

Illegal immigrants meet with Mexican officials in Phoenix, discuss options under Trump administration

By JOSÉ DE CÓRDOBA
    Updated Feb. 12, 2017 10:20 a.m. ET
    537 COMMENTS

PHOENIX—All but one of about 50 undocumented Mexican migrants at a meeting Saturday indicated they would rather risk detention and long court battles in the U.S. than return to Mexico voluntarily.

The majority of migrants at the meeting in Phoenix, which included Mexican officials, signaled in a show of hands that they were ready to fight deportation in U.S. courts.

“Even if that means detention for weeks?” asked former foreign minister Jorge Castaneda.
    “Even if it takes months,” shouted one woman. “Even if it takes years,” another yelled. “We are here to fight.”

Mr. Castaneda and others want Mexico’s government to endorse a tough and perhaps risky strategy to battle an expected increase in deportations of their undocumented compatriots in the U.S. by underwriting the migrants’ legal struggle in the U.S. court system. By overwhelming already heavily burdened immigration courts, Mr. Castaneda hopes the legal system would break down, bringing deportations to a halt.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mexican...ion-1486878566

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Here's their option, GO HOME, then apply to legally return to the United States like their fellow countrymen from south of our border who actually followed the laws of our country when they immigrated and if they can't/won't do that? Kick their A$$es out with no possibility of return.......period! I once had a Guatemalan girl working for me who fell in love with a young man that also worked for me, turned out she was really in the country illegally, they both did the right thing with him travelling to Guatemala with her and staying to work through the process for her legal return as his spouse. If you want to live in America do it the right way.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wonder why these Mexican officials want these people out of their country so bad that they are going to interfere with our legal system? Curious?

Offline endicom

Wonder why these Mexican officials want these people out of their country so bad that they are going to interfere with our legal system? Curious?

And doing it in Arizona.

Offline skeeter

Probably for the same reasons other despotic countries have ran their own people into neighboring countries - to gain political influence of the area through demographics.