Author Topic: Pew report: More than 2.5 million immigrants live illegally in Chicago, L.A., NYC  (Read 826 times)

rangerrebew

Pew report: More than 2.5 million immigrants live illegally in Chicago, L.A., NYC

February 10, 2017

A report released Thursday estimates more than 2.5 million immigrants in the country illegally live in the metropolitan areas of New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, which have pledged to fight President Trump's plans to expand deportations.

The study by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center provides a glimpse of where immigrants in the country illegally reside and regions that could be most affected by Trump's crackdown on illegal immigration.

It also underscores the challenges Trump could face in rounding up large numbers of deportees because many areas that are home to large numbers of immigrants lacking legal papers oppose his plans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-pew-illegal-immigrants-20170210-story.html

Offline MajorClay

Yikes

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hmmm.  So, that oft-used $11 million might not be correct?

<Heavy sarcasm>

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Shouldn't the headline actually be "More than 2.5 million illegal immigrants live in Chicago, L.A."?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Shouldn't the headline actually be "More than 2.5 million illegal immigrants live in Chicago, L.A."?

Nope, should be "illegal aliens".  If one were attempting to immigrate, there is a legal process for that.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nope, should be "illegal aliens".  If one were attempting to immigrate, there is a legal process for that.

Yes! Thank you!  :beer: :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien