Author Topic: Has China beaten Nasa in building warp-drive technology dubbed the 'impossible engine'?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline kevindavis007

CHINA claims to have pipped Nasa into building an ‘impossible’ warp drive engine that will help get humans to Mars in a matter of weeks.

Back in November, leaked documents showed that Nasa believed that it had cracked the once impossible warp drive mystery and were working on an engine that could drastically reduce the time that it takes to travel through space.

Super-fast warp drive – faster than any travel currently available – would make it possible to travel to the Moon in a matter of hours.

The warp drive Nasa was working on is an EM Drive which is an engine that would outperform any booster that is currently available and has no exhaust.

The technology works by bouncing microwaves around inside a closed engine. The microwaves subsequently push against the side of the container, acting as a propellor.

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2017/02/has-china-beaten-nasa-in-building-warp.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Joe Wooten

The ignorance just oozes from that article.

First, the EM "drive" is NOT an Albarcurie warp drive, and it does not have enough thrust to out do current chemical rockets. Put one in operation on the Earth's surface and all it will do is eat electricity and heat up, it will never move because thrust levels are on the micro-newton scale, which might be useful for satellite station keeping, but not as a space drive, as there is no indication that it can scale up. The reported thrust levels are still within or damn close the error of measurement, so there may or may not be anything significant happening. More testing is needed and not on the ground, but put up a test satellite where this is used for station keeping. If it puts out enough thrust to keep the satellite properly oriented, then yes, it works. Even if it can scale up significantly, using one to leave earth orbit will leave the passengers dead of radiation exposure due to excessive time in the Van Allen belts. You would need a power plant on the order of size of an Nimitz class carrier to get significant thrust, and even then accelerations will be very low as the power plants will weigh thousands of tons, with no guarantees they will work properly on zero g environments. and even producing a working 80 mw orbiting power plant, inefficiencies in the EM drive will produce heat and require cooling systems to keep the large EM drive from melting itself, adding even more parasite weight.

As for the Chinese announcements, they have offered NO proof, so I take it as their inferiority complex talking.

Offline Joe Wooten

All that being said, I DO NOT mind doing some testing and research with it. They need to tone down the breathless pronouncements of a super space drive that will be available soon.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Fake News is strong in this one.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Just_Victor

The ignorance just oozes from that article.

First, the EM "drive" is NOT an Albarcurie warp drive, and it does not have enough thrust to out do current chemical rockets. Put one in operation on the Earth's surface and all it will do is eat electricity and heat up, it will never move because thrust levels are on the micro-newton scale, which might be useful for satellite station keeping, but not as a space drive, as there is no indication that it can scale up. The reported thrust levels are still within or damn close the error of measurement, so there may or may not be anything significant happening. More testing is needed and not on the ground, but put up a test satellite where this is used for station keeping. If it puts out enough thrust to keep the satellite properly oriented, then yes, it works. Even if it can scale up significantly, using one to leave earth orbit will leave the passengers dead of radiation exposure due to excessive time in the Van Allen belts. You would need a power plant on the order of size of an Nimitz class carrier to get significant thrust, and even then accelerations will be very low as the power plants will weigh thousands of tons, with no guarantees they will work properly on zero g environments. and even producing a working 80 mw orbiting power plant, inefficiencies in the EM drive will produce heat and require cooling systems to keep the large EM drive from melting itself, adding even more parasite weight.

As for the Chinese announcements, they have offered NO proof, so I take it as their inferiority complex talking.

Voice of reason....

Now shaddup, we've got lotsa panicking to do....

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm supposed to believe that a country that can't make a car is making the Star Trek Enterprise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTxbbvCf3zY
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:07:14 pm by Frank Cannon »

Oceander

I'm supposed to believe that a country that can't make a car is making the Star Trek Enterprise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTxbbvCf3zY

All depends on where the money's being spent and where the brains are being deployed.

Offline Frank Cannon

All depends on where the money's being spent and where the brains are being deployed.

Can anyone point to anything that the Chinamen have developed over the last 20 years? All their tech is stolen. All their ideas are stolen.

Oceander

Can anyone point to anything that the Chinamen have developed over the last 20 years? All their tech is stolen. All their ideas are stolen.

I'm not saying they have, merely that the one - bad cars - does not automatically foreclose the other.

I'd go with US nukes over German nukes even though American cars are not nearly as well designed or well built as German cars.