Author Topic: A Newly Discoverd Mineral Can Convert Movement, Sunlight and Heat Into Electricity at the Same Time  (Read 1031 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A research team from the University of Oulu in Finland have discovered a specific mineral having a perovskite crystal structure that has the properties required to extract energy from numerous sources simultaneously.

Perovskites are a family of minerals. Many of these show potential for collecting one or two types of energy at a time, but not simultaneously. While one family member might be good for harnessing energy from changes in pressure and temperature, another might have the right properties for converting solar energy into electricity efficiently. The latter would typically be used in solar cells. A perovskite that can convert changes in pressure arising from motion is known as piezoelectric material, while those that are able to convert temperature produced by movement are called pyroelectric.

http://sciencenewsjournal.com/newly-discoverd-mineral-can-convert-movement-sunlight-heat-electricity-time/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

That sounds useful

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
John Galt had this all figured out…  :)