Author Topic: Re-Rethinking Objective Journalism  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

Re-Rethinking Objective Journalism
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:17:52 pm »
Re-Rethinking Objective Journalism
February 10, 2017
Daniel Greenfield
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to More48Share to Print

Ted Koppel, a Mad magazine cover who spent several centuries boring insomniac ABC viewers, returns from exile, along with Dan Rather, to lecture us all on the dangers of a free press.

Koppel objects to the expansion of the press corps to conservative media outlets. This would be a more credible objection if the media hadn't turned into a straight cheering section for Obama. There were a few exceptions in the press corps, but the outlets themselves were and are the voice of the left. And if there's no longer much difference between DailyKos and the Washington Post, why not bring in conservative media outlets?

There's no good answer to that except to put on your fedora with the press pass in it and lecture about journalism.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/265762/re-rethinking-objective-journalism-daniel-greenfield?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+the-point+%28FrontPage+Magazine+%C2%BB+The+Point%29
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:18:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Re-Rethinking Objective Journalism
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 04:21:21 pm »
Ted Koppel and Dan Rather!  THAT should buy them all sorts of credibility!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien