Author Topic: The second civil war is coming  (Read 9529 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The second civil war is coming
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2017, 11:28:55 pm »
And none of them is a liberal.

The people here who oppose Trump, for the most part, do so because HE is liberal, not THEY.

The criticism of the Trump faithful that those who oppose him are liberals is a bunch of garbage.

For the vast majority that is true but whatever Trump is, he is currently acting as anything but a liberal.  That may well change in the future but I'm happy with what he is currently doing.  Not how he is personally acting but doing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:29:19 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2017, 11:31:32 pm »
For the vast majority that is true but whatever Trump is, he is currently acting as anything but a liberal.  That may well change in the future but I'm happy with what he is currently doing.  Not how he is personally acting but doing.
As long as his actions undo the abuses and usurpation of the Obama and Clinton Administrations (yes, and even 'W'), fine. I think we need ever be alert for other items to be passed--by whatever means, and the absence of meaningful reforms or elimination of the aforementioned abuses and usurpation.

Considering the progress of totalitarianism and erosion of our Liberty has occurred by whatever means seem or can be made to seem acceptable to the Party in power, regardless of Party affiliation, that is the enemy, no matter what face is put on it, and what we must continue to fight if we are to recover the Constitutional Republic the founders set up.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:34:12 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2017, 11:44:21 pm »
Lmao, indeed.  I'll bet the mods here just love her.

@XenaLee

***hair on fire

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2017, 11:44:55 pm »
As long as his actions undo the abuses and usurpation of the Obama and Clinton Administrations (yes, and even 'W'), fine. I think we need ever be alert for other items to be passed--by whatever means, and the absence of meaningful reforms or elimination of the aforementioned abuses and usurpation.

Considering the progress of totalitarianism and erosion of our Liberty has occurred by whatever means seem or can be made to seem acceptable to the Party in power, regardless of Party affiliation, that is the enemy, no matter what face is put on it, and what we must continue to fight if we are to recover the Constitutional Republic the founders set up.

Agreed!    888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2017, 11:57:36 pm »
@alicewonders

I'm pretty sure at this point in time - with Trump winning a decisive Electoral victory, and choosing conservative people to fill key gov't positions - along with his promises on a border wall and illegal immigration - that Reagan would be supportive of President Trump right now, at this point in time. 

Reagan might exercise a little restraint and wait to see how the promises turn out, which would be entirely reasonable.

I've said that I will give Trump credit for whatever good things he might produce, and so have others.  But that isn't enough for some of you.

I do not think Ronald Reagan would like, or approve of the garbage I see on here all too frequently - citing outright fake news against the President and his family, of using Leftist media sources to continue to deride and tear down our Republican President, who now has a GOP Congress to work with. 

What about the fake news generated by Trump-approved sites like Gateway Pundit and Breitbart?

Unless TBR rules change, I'm not going to behave as though I'm in a TOS-like bubble and post only from "appropriate" sources...IOW, those which praise Trump.

I understand that some of you really, really like him, and that you get angry when you see him criticized.  But you have to understand that not everyone feels like you.  The man is a public servant---an employee.  It's up to him to serve us, not vice versa.

In fact, I would LOVE to hear President Ronald Reagan's opinion on some of these threads and the insults they contain to our Republican President.  Even most of Trump's opponents have turned to supporting our President.  Reagan would have no patience with this "resistance" movement that is all too predominant here.

Why do you think that would matter?

God bless Reagan's soul, but he was a politician.  I'm not subject to instruction or scolding from any of them.  I think for myself.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2017, 12:08:29 am »

Well, the person making the ridiculous accusation of "liberal" actually IS one, and the people she's accusing aren't.

So there's that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2017, 12:26:34 am »
Yes, really @CatherineofAragon  Schumer is obsessively anti-Trump, as are so many on this forum.  I wouldn't be surprised if some have his photo on their mantle and mail him cash contributions to help him keep up the good work.   :shrug:

And, that, of course, is your their right.  88devil

@Right_in_Virginia

To do that, we'd have to be pretty personally involved and emotionally invested.

You are, so you think everyone else is.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2017, 12:28:50 am »
Well, the person making the ridiculous accusation of "liberal" actually IS one, and the people she's accusing aren't.

So there's that.

She needs help!  I've been saying that for a LONG time and I still believe it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2017, 12:38:39 am »

So there's that.

Guess I'm a liberal too since Trump is a lying progressive scumbag.