Author Topic: Study: Liberal-to-conservative faculty ratio in academia will blow your mind  (Read 555 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 11, 2017
Study: Liberal-to-conservative faculty ratio in academia will blow your mind
By Pete Vanderzwet

Multiple studies released by statisticians and psychologists have revealed evidence for potential professional and personal harm to academics and students expressing conservative political leanings in universities across America.

As the largely conservative "Greatest Generation" faded into retirement in the 1990s, "Baby Boomers" holding increasingly liberal worldviews came to dominate university faculty.  Studies released by the Heterodox Academy, tasking themselves with studying the evolving hegemony of "progressives" in academia, have revealed a significant lack of diversity in political thought encompassing various universities and academic departments.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/02/study_liberaltoconservative_faculty_ratio_in_academia_will_blow_your_mind.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Not truly advocating this approach but wouldn't it be interesting political jujitsu to require colleges have a political balance that is within say +/- 5% of the community it serves (as measured by registered voters).  It is for diversity and equality and EEO ... you know.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It won't blow my mind because I've seen it up close and personal! 

There is a leftist culture at every one of the government schools and you had better toe the line if you want to work at any of them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
These so-called educators are so hostile towards conservative viewpoints, they see no reason to teach them.

In fact they believe conservative views should be kept off the campus.

So after living frugally, to send your children to college, don't be surprised they come home sounding like Barbra Streisand and Che Guevara.

They think free health care is a "right" because they were taught it is free in Cuba and Zimbabwe and in Turkey.

So why should the USA be different? (Teachers and students alike, fail to reason that immigrants leave those places, for the US)

They don't face a draft. They don't face serious consequences for much of anything life may present. Pregnancy? Abort it. "Feeling" down? Drugs and alcohol.

Their teachers and counselors assure them they are "okay," and their stern parents are "not."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln