Author Topic: US border guards deny entry to Canadian Muslim mother  (Read 1010 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US border guards deny entry to Canadian Muslim mother
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:54:08 am »
US border guards deny entry to Canadian Muslim mother

Fadwa Alaoui says border officers asked about her religion and views on Donald Trump before refusing to let her into US

TORONTO, Canada – It started out as any other family day-trip to the United States.

But what should have been a happy occasion turned into something different for Fadwa Alaoui, after she was interrogated, forced to hand over her cell phone and eventually denied entry into the US at a border crossing in southern Quebec last weekend.

“It’s shocking. It’s frustrating. It’s humiliating,” Alaoui told Middle East Eye over the phone on Friday.

She said she set out for Burlington, Vermont, on 4 February with her cousin, 18-month-old daughter, and 5-year-old son, Yusuf, whom she hoped to cheer up because he had just finished chemotherapy sessions.

“The questions were questions like, are you Muslim? Are you practicing? What mosque do you go to? What is the mosque called? How often do you go? What does the imam say at the mosque?” said Alaoui, a Moroccan-born Canadian citizen who has lived in Canada more than 20 years.

The interrogation then turned political.

“He asked me, ‘What do you think of Donald Trump?’ I thought I wasn’t understanding him. I said, ‘Excuse me, what?’ He said, ‘Yes, Donald Trump’s politics.’ I answered, ‘It doesn’t concern me, he can do what he wants in his country.’”

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-border-guards-deny-entry-canadian-muslim-mother-2143827196

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: US border guards deny entry to Canadian Muslim mother
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 05:08:31 am »
I am quite pleased that our borders are getting greater security and scrutiny.

I have zero sympathy for the inconvenienced muslims, since it is entirely due to the actions of their co-religionists that extra scrutiny is needed TO SAVE INNOCENT LIVES.

Just over 14 months ago an horrific attack took place in San Bernardino, the wife having been recently admitted and not well vetted.

Good article from Lost Angeles Times, a good investigative newspaper. (Biased editorial opinion slant)

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-san-bernardino-shooting-terror-investigation-htmlstory.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 05:12:27 am »
@truth_seeker
I assume the story is true; but we do need to be careful in what we read. Things do get made up as well.

It is a thought provoking read.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:17:37 am »
@truth_seeker
I assume the story is true; but we do need to be careful in what we read. Things do get made up as well.

It is a thought provoking read.

There is no dispute about the San Bernardino story--killing 14 and wounding 22. It is entirely true. Wife lied about her name and address in Pakistan, US authorities had nothing upon which to research her. Had they done more research they might have learned about her terrorist sympathies, and not let her in, and saved lives.

The LAT story is only 12 days after the attack; more was learned in the weeks and months following.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 05:19:01 am »
Fine with me.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 05:42:02 am »
So, this lady was born in Morocco, a French speaking nation and she is in Quebec. Check this article out:

Montreal Imam: “Oh Allah, Destroy the Accursed Jews”
Posted on February 10, 2017 by Baron Bodissey   

If you live in Canada and happen to mutter, “I don’t think much of Islam,” you may find yourself arrested and prosecuted for “hate speech”. You may well face months or years of legal hell at the hands of one of the dreaded Human Rights Commissions.

But there are different laws for Canadian Muslims, who can say pretty much anything they like about Christians and Jews, especially if they do it in Arabic. They can even call for infidels to be exterminated.

More: http://gatesofvienna.net/2017/02/montreal-imam-oh-allah-destroy-the-accursed-jews/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 05:43:10 am »
There is no dispute about the San Bernardino story--killing 14 and wounding 22. It is entirely true. Wife lied about her name and address in Pakistan, US authorities had nothing upon which to research her. Had they done more research they might have learned about her terrorist sympathies, and not let her in, and saved lives.

The LAT story is only 12 days after the attack; more was learned in the weeks and months following.
@truth_seeker
I meant this one about the lady at the Border, of course, the San Bernardino story is true. I'm sorry if I did not make that clear.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:44:06 am by TomSea »