Author Topic: Federal agents conduct sweeping immigration enforcement raids in at least 6 states  (Read 837 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Federal agents conduct sweeping immigration enforcement raids in at least 6 states

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/federal-agents-conduct-sweeping-immigration-enforcement-raids-in-at-least-6-states/2017/02/10/4b9f443a-efc8-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html?postshare=6411486765730278&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.e331ba5b449b

U.S. immigration authorities launched a series of raids, traffic stops and checkpoints in at least half a dozen states across the country on Thursday and Friday, sweeping up an unknown number of undocumented immigrants, immigration lawyers and advocates said.

The raids, which appeared to target scores of undocumented immigrants, including those without criminal records, mark the first largescale episode of immigration enforcement inside the United States since President Trump’s Jan. 26 order to crack down on the estimated 11 million immigrants living here illegally.

It also appeared to signal a departure from the Obama administration’s prioritized immigration enforcement against criminals. Trump has pledged to deport up to 3 million undocumented immigrants with criminal records.

[For years, immigration authorities gave this Arizona mother a pass. Now she has been deported.]

Word of the raids quickly circulated among immigrants, activists and on social media, creating such widespread panic in immigrant communities that a Department of Homeland Security spokesperson said the department had decided to take the unprecedented step of confirming some details of the raids while the raids were ongoing.

snip

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Look who's howling.

More winning.

@LonestarDream

Offline skeeter

Look who's howling.

More winning.

@LonestarDream

This news is therapeutic.

Frankly I didn't think it would happen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Enforce the damned law!  End of rant!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Enforce the damned law!  End of rant!

5:20 p.m. update: U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, has confirmed what many on social media throughout Texas have suspected: Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are conducting sweeping raids and arrests across the state.

http://www.statesman.com/news/castro-confirms-feds-conducting-sweeping-immigration-raids-texas/BrksI85EdvZn4nYoFEAUkM/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley