Author Topic: A legal analysis of the Ninth Circuit's dangerous usurpation of presidential power  (Read 499 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Federal District Judge James Robart violated the Constitution in issuing a TRO (temporary restraining order) against President Trump's temporary entry ban for citizens of seven countries. Now a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has affirmed that stay.

What we have here is a creeping constitutional coup. As long as President Obama was in charge and had a massive open door policy at our borders and at our airports, in violation of statutory law, the judiciary was content to be silent. But when Donald Trump became president and tried to use the powers of the Presidency to put some national security safeguards into place, the judiciary sprung into action. The judiciary has usurped the executive branch's powers and has created a parallel constitution, one that bears no relation to the founding document of our nation. The courts have now cited this parallel constitution to justify taking away the ultimate decision making authority concerning national security from the Presidency, to rest in their hands. The constitutional crisis and injury to our national security caused by this illegitimate decision cannot be overstated.

What follows is an analysis of this travesty and the damage done to our system of jurisprudence and national security.
1) The legal concept of standing has been totally eviscerated.

2) "Irreparable harm" has been turned upside down.

3) National security policy has been wrested from the presidency and placed in the hands of the judiciary

4) The Due Process clause has been expanded to add seven billion people.

5) The Court maliciously avoided a narrowly tailored legal remedy.

6) The Court disingenuously employed false religious protection claims.

7) False consideration of "public interest."

8) Conclusion: the false choices: where do we go from here?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/02/a_legal_analysis_of_the_ninth_circuits_dangerous_usurpation_of_presidential_power.html
Great summary.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

No, no, no, cuz impeach Trump. So there!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:20:28 pm by endicom »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Close the offices that issue visas in the seven countries.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No, no, no, cuz impeach Trump. So there!
There are a few bird-brains that think the unelected judges are absolute and that a GOP Congress will impeach and remove a GOP President.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rouge courts are more dangerous to us than ISIS or Al Qaeda!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Rouge courts are more dangerous to us than ISIS or Al Qaeda!

One of the last vestiges of power available to the left are in the politicized courts.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One of the last vestiges of power available to the left are in the politicized courts.

Indeed! And they need to be dealt with promptly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien