Author Topic: Big payday after state fires pastor for Christian beliefs  (Read 501 times)

rangerrebew

Big payday after state fires pastor for Christian beliefs
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:26:50 pm »
Big payday after state fires pastor for Christian beliefs
'This is a clear and resounding victory for religious freedom'
Published: 16 hours ago

The state of Georgia has agreed to pay $225,000 to settle a complaint that it illegally discriminated against a lay pastor who was fired by the state’s Department of Public Health, apparently because of the content of his sermons.

The announcement comes from First Liberty Institute, which represented Eric Walsh, M.D.

“I am grateful this trial has finally ended,” Walsh, an experienced health department administrator, said in a statement released through his lawyers. “It’s been a long, difficult journey, but it’s worth it to have my name cleared and to ensure that all Georgia government employees know they have religious liberty.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/big-pay-day-after-state-fires-pastor-for-christian-beliefs/#l7Q2DAOhrLxLjRzA.99

geronl

Re: Big payday after state fires pastor for Christian beliefs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:43:30 pm »
The people who do these things must pay up personally, not the taxpayers, or they will never learn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:19:51 pm »
The people who do these things must pay up personally, not the taxpayers, or they will never learn
Agreed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:43:32 pm »
I agree. If their actions exceed their authority, sovereign immunity should not apply, nor should the taxpayers have to pick up the tab. Maybe they'd color within the lines or at least seek legal counsel before exceeding their authority.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis