Author Topic: This party is a real masterpiece! Man celebrates his 22nd birthday with a BOB ROSS-themed event with friends who all created works of art based on the late painter's TV instructions  (Read 2385 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This party is a real masterpiece! Man celebrates his 22nd birthday with a BOB ROSS-themed event with friends who all created works of art based on the late painter's TV instructions

Chris Nervegna from South River, New Jersey had the funny themed party earlier this month and shared photos on Twitter, where they went viral
    He cued up an episode of Ross' show on Netflix and bought paint and canvases for his friends

By Carly Stern For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:36 EST, 9 February 2017 | Updated: 17:36 EST, 9 February 2017

Painter and TV personality Bob Ross died in 1995, but his legend lives on — especially among millennials, who remember his calm, blissful TV show from their youth.

The memory had such a sway on Chris Nervegna from South River, New Jersey that the 22-year-old decided to make 'Bob Ross' the theme of his last birthday party.

Chris fired up one of Ross' old instructional episodes, set up party-goers with paint and canvases, and watched the nostalgic fun unfold.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4208972/22-year-old-NJ-man-Bob-Ross-themed-birthday-party.html#ixzz4YFPeu5Yb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wikipedia entry on Bob Ross: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross

I enjoyed his show,  irreplaceable.

Offline skeeter

Wikipedia entry on Bob Ross: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross

I enjoyed his show,  irreplaceable.

Here's to great big happy trees

and indications of sticks & twigs.

Without Bob Ross I would never have survived my son's first year.

Wingnut

Bless his heart.  That guy provided endless joy to my frat brothers.  The Bob Ross PBS shows were legend at the Teke house.  Stoned trees are happy trees.

Offline Frank Cannon

How the hell do these kids know who Bob Ross is?

BTW, some of his old shows are on Netflix. The guy could really bang out a starving artists painting fast and his life story is extremely interesting.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How the hell do these kids know who Bob Ross is?
Reruns.

The Joy of Painting has been in reruns this whole time. A lot of us grew up watching PBS's kids block and the Joy of Painting was one of those shows that came on right before or after the kids shows. It kept people's attention.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Clever idea. Being quite a bit older, but still sticking to the PBS rerun theme, perhaps I should have a Julia Child-themed birthday party.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Clever idea. Being quite a bit older, but still sticking to the PBS rerun theme, perhaps I should have a Julia Child-themed birthday party.

Hmm. I think I will go with the Swedish Chef from Sesame Street for my next birthday, it's a big one and I'll be in a silly mood.  :silly:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Bob Ross was awesome.  A truly nice, peaceful man.  Couldn't help but feel better about just about anything if you caught him while channel surfing.