Author Topic: With nod to Trump, AT&T union votes to strike  (Read 1530 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
With nod to Trump, AT&T union votes to strike
« on: February 09, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »
AT&T Inc.'s wireless workers moved closer toward striking at the nation's second-largest carrier, citing a campaign pledge by President Donald Trump to keep U.S. jobs from being outsourced to other countries.

The Communications Workers of America union, which is negotiating on behalf of about 21,000 AT&T wireless employees nationwide, voted to authorize a work stoppage with 93 percent in favor, according to spokeswoman Candice Johnson. In a statement, AT&T said it's confident an agreement will be reached....

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/att/2017/02/09/nod-trump-att-union-votes-strike

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: With nod to Trump, AT&T union votes to strike
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 09:46:07 pm »
Somebody better explain this cause I don't get it. Because DT wants to keep their jobs from being outsourced they are going on strike?
:huh?:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:10:47 am »
Somebody better explain this cause I don't get it. Because DT wants to keep their jobs from being outsourced they are going on strike?
:huh?:
If you read the article, it says the union CWA wanted Bernie Sanders for President.

Tells you a lot about what type of people these are.

let them strike.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:12:29 am »
If you read the article, it says the union CWA wanted Bernie Sanders for President.

let them strike.
Why pick this issue though? They must a few enchiladas short of a combo platter.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 07:36:31 am »

let them strike.
I dumped AT&T last year. When they started talking about streaming videos and I couldn't get a call through, the wife's text messages (incoming) got in as much as two weeks after they were sent (and she was in town every day, constantly had signal), I figured all the bandwidth would go to video and voice communications would suffer.
Besides, their service sucked once you left pavement.
I haven't regretted the shift to another carrier.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 02:23:26 pm »
Why pick this issue though? They must a few enchiladas short of a combo platter.
Who knows what goes on in the minds of a Bernie supporter anyway?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 06:00:03 pm »
Who knows what goes on in the minds of a Bernie supporter anyway?
Kermit knows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F44HRvn8tiA