Author Topic: American Sniper Chris Kyle’s Widow Criticizes John McCain for Attacking ‘Unsuccessful’ Yemen Raid  (Read 596 times)

rangerrebew

American Sniper Chris Kyle’s Widow Criticizes John McCain for Attacking ‘Unsuccessful’ Yemen Raid
Walter White
Breaking News Correspondent
February 9, 2017

Several weeks ago, President Trump ordered a military raid in Yemen on Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), which the administration declared a success given that they eliminated 14 high-value targets. Unfortunately and sadly, 23 civilians and one Navy SEAL, Ryan Owens, were also killed during the operation.

Speaking to NBC News, Senator John McCain criticized the raid, calling it a failure: “When you lose a $75 million airplane and, more importantly, an American life is lost … I don’t believe you can call it a success.” He further added “While many of the objectives of the recent raid in Yemen were met, I would not describe any operation that results in the loss of American life as a success.”

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/taya-kyle-john-mccain-criticizes-calling-yemen-raid-unsuccessful/#ixzz4YDTuM72c

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the mission achieved its objectives, it was not a failure. No plan survives contact with the enemy, as a certain ex A4 driver should well know. He's out of line.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

“When you lose a $75 million airplane....."

So you are a failure then Crazy Johnny. You had trouble keeping planes in the air, if I recall, on numerous occasions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“When you lose a $75 million airplane....."

So you are a failure then Crazy Johnny. You had trouble keeping planes in the air, if I recall, on numerous occasions.
A $75 million dollar airplane?
Johnny's A-4E would have cost about 6.2 million in today's dollars (860K in 1967). Maybe the cost of the newer planes has been a bit inflated by lucrative government contracts--somewhere in there not kept in check by Congress, where Johnny works.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis