Author Topic: Marine Corps Commandant Wants To Crack Down On ‘General Jackassery’  (Read 578 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Corps Commandant Wants To Crack Down On ‘General Jackassery’
Photo of Russ Read
Russ Read
Pentagon/Foreign Policy Reporter
12:51 PM 02/08/2017

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller wants to improve the state of his force by cracking down on “general jackassery.”

Neller noted in an interview with Marine Corps Times that alcohol tends to fuel many of the problems seen in the corps, ranging from suicide to domestic abuse.

“Alcohol – if it’s not respected and managed – it takes Marines into a bad place, whether it’s domestic abuse, sexual assault, suicide, hazing, DUI, or just general jackassery,” Neller told the Marine Corps Times in an interview published Tuesday. “Normally the story starts …’Well, we were drinking tequila, you know,’ and the story kind of goes downhill from there.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/08/marine-corps-commandant-wants-to-crack-down-on-general-jackassery/#ixzz4YCbuJkH2

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
Re: Marine Corps Commandant Wants To Crack Down On ‘General Jackassery’
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:57:14 am »
Until the military comes up with preemptive stress control will self-medicating and acting out be the only coping mechanism?
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing

geronl

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:38:03 am »
Trump has just promoted General Jackassery to the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:20:57 am »
Tequila? That's essential camouflage. I know after three or four shots in rapid succession I used to become invisible... :thud:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis