Author Topic: Bill Kristol Backs More Immigration Because White Working Class is ‘Lazy and Spoiled’  (Read 4057 times)

rangerrebew

Bill Kristol Backs More Immigration Because White Working Class is ‘Lazy and Spoiled’

February 9, 2017| by Donn Marten

There were few “conservatives” who were more vocal in their opposition to Donald Trump during the Republican primaries than pundit Bill Kristol. The ubiquitous neocon ideologue was the leader of the Never Trump movement and spent months trying to recruit an alternate candidate, eventually settling on former spook Evan McMullin.

Much to the chagrin of Kristol and other elitist travelers Trump went on to win the election and is now firmly ensconced in the White House.

Like a number of think tank fatheads who know what’s really good for real Americans Mr. Kristol has a huge disconnect on important economic issues and none more so than the threat to domestic workers represented by porous borders and foreign workers.

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/bill-kristol-backs-more-immigration-because-white-working-class-is-lazy-and-spoiled
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:35:44 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Guilt feelings?  I see by the view of his tum tum, he has has not short changed couch potatoing, himself. :silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Bill Kristol Says ‘Lazy’ White Working Class Should Be Replaced By ‘New Americans’
Daily Caller, Feb 8, 2017, Alex Pfeiffer

Weekly Standard editor-at-large Bill Kristol said Tuesday afternoon that the white working class should be replaced by immigrants as they have become “decadent, lazy” and “spoiled.”

“Look, to be totally honest, if things are so bad as you say with the white working class, don’t you want to get new Americans in?” Kristol told author Charles Murray during an event hosted by the American Enterprise Institute titled “It Came Apart: What’s Next for a Fractured Culture.” Murray recently wrote a book, entitled “Coming Apart,” which focuses on the cultural separation between the wealthiest and most educated white Americans and the poorest and least educated white Americans.

Before delving into his theory about replacing the white working class, Kristol said that he hopes “this thing isn’t being videotaped or ever shown anywhere. Whatever tiny, pathetic future I have is going to totally collapse.”

“You can make a case that America has been great because every — I think John Adams said this — basically if you are in free society, a capitalist society, after two or three generations of hard work everyone becomes kind of decadent, lazy, spoiled — whatever,” Kristol said.

“Then, luckily, you have these waves of people coming in from Italy, Ireland, Russia, and now Mexico, who really want to work hard and really want to succeed and really want their kids to live better lives than them and aren’t sort of clipping coupons or hoping that they can hang on and meanwhile grew up as spoiled kids and so forth. In that respect, I don’t know how this moment is that different from the early 20th century,” he added.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/08/bill-kristol-says-lazy-white-working-class-should-be-replaced-by-new-americans/#ixzz4YCYC3rmo

Online Right_in_Virginia

Hmmm...I wonder if the NTs support their poster child.   :pondering:

Offline skeeter

I wonder if Kristol knows that he's discounted the entire national ideal of a nation of citizens with enough personal freedom to climb as far as their abilities will carry them.

Besides, if Kristol is right hispanic neighborhoods would be the most affluent in the land. Unless he also subscribes to the 'white privilege' BS as well.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Now we understand why the GOP Establishment is so hell-bent on open borders.

We 'old white people' are lazy and spoiled.  Third world squatters are not.

No wonder the GOP was so willing to hand Obama everything wanted.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Now we understand why the GOP Establishment is so hell-bent on open borders.

We 'old white people' are lazy and spoiled.  Third world squatters are not.

No wonder the GOP was so willing to hand Obama everything wanted.

Drop the "White" and he's mostly right about lazy Americans. We live in a fantasy world where all kids have to go to college and will all earn 6 figures and get 3 months of vacation and no one ever gets their hands dirty or risk anything more dangerous than a papercut. We're a society demanding $15 per hour to work in fast food restaurants.

On the other hand, Illegals aren't cheap any more and are demanding more sooner. The SEIU will turn a factory in to immigration for hiring illegals only to wait for the illegals to be processed so they can unionize them and send them right back to the factory that was raided.

Offline beandog

Funny how the white guy only wanted to talk about the "Lazy White Working Classs."  I guess he has no problem with the lazy minority nonworking class.  Why can't we replace them.  Who the hell does he think is paying all the taxes to support all these people.

If we're going to get rid of people, could we start with Kristol. 22222frying pan

Offline skeeter

Drop the "White" and he's mostly right about lazy Americans. We live in a fantasy world where all kids have to go to college and will all earn 6 figures and get 3 months of vacation and no one ever gets their hands dirty or risk anything more dangerous than a papercut. We're a society demanding $15 per hour to work in fast food restaurants.

On the other hand, Illegals aren't cheap any more and are demanding more sooner. The SEIU will turn a factory in to immigration for hiring illegals only to wait for the illegals to be processed so they can unionize them and send them right back to the factory that was raided.

I wonder how much the diminishing work ethic has to do with the fact that in many places the first rung on the career ladder has been taken away from American teens. No more paper routes, fast food jobs, construction jobs, etc. Those jobs have been taken by middle aged low skilled immigrants willing to work them because, for whatever reason - usually because they are willing to live in relatively squalid conditions and/or their existence is publicly subsidized - their income needs are less and they're able to raise their kids on minimum wage.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:03:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wonder how much the diminishing work ethic has to do with the fact that in many places the first rung on the career ladder has been taken away from American teens. No more paper routes, fast food jobs, construction jobs, etc. Those jobs have been taken by middle aged low skilled immigrants willing to work them because, for whatever reason - usually because they are willing to live in relatively squalid conditions and/or their existence is publicly subsidized - their income needs are less and they're able to raise their kids on minimum wage.
The immigrant taking the job from American teens is clearly visible in fast food, in SoCal.

I frequent a few places, and notice mainly Hispanic immigrants making a career out of such employment.

They work hard (often two jobs), and are reliable. They NEED the jobs.

Some teens OTOH are not reliable, and don't need the job to the same extent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
More likely if the jobs aren't filled, it will be replaced by automation. (see Cotton Gin or Auto-loom for reference).

If the domestic workforce is unwilling or out-priced in the market, the change may not see an effective growth of jobs but a growth of technology replacing manpower.

I seriously doubt you are going to get college kids taking 3 months in the summer off to go to rural farmlands, work 12 hours a day for less than minimum wage, busting their ass, and living in cramped migrant camps. More likely, some of those college kids will start inventing new technology to replace manual labor.

(same goes for manufacturing and other blue collar jobs that outsource or attract immigrant (legal and illegal) workforce)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:25:40 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Mod2

Topic on same article merged.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Immigrants do jobs that Americans won't do.  And they show up on time and work hard.   

I agree with Bill Kristol.   Immigration is vital to sustaining economic growth and keeping American business competitive.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well the resident Liberal just chimed in his support of Kristol's Establishment, LaRaza's and Democrat talking points.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well the resident Liberal just chimed in his support of Kristol's Establishment, LaRaza's and Democrat talking points.

You praised Bill Kristol when he was NeverTrump.   As for me, what I care about is economic growth, and for that just about any reputable economist will tell you that immigration is required, especially when the native-born won't take, or lack the skills for, certain jobs.     

Offline skeeter

Immigrants do jobs that Americans won't do.  And they show up on time and work hard.   

I agree with Bill Kristol.   Immigration is vital to sustaining economic growth and keeping American business competitive.

Just because its positive doesn't mean this gross stereotype is any more accurate than negative ones that are routinely & rightly condemned.

I've run into immigrants who worked hard, and immigrants who were lazy and not worth a damn.

If economic growth is what we want from our immigrants then we ought to vet for skills and aptitude. The low skill, illiterate ones are a net drain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You praised Bill Kristol when he was NeverTrump. 

No.  You lie.

I NEVER praised Bill Kristol because he is most definitively an Establishment Big Government Mordor On The Potomac lackey and always has been.   His essays on Trump's unfitness for the job I may have agreed with - but that's not "PRAISE", that is simply recognizing that a stopped watch is correct twice a day.

As for me, what I care about is economic growth, and for that just about any reputable economist will tell you that immigration is required, especially when the native-born won't take, or lack the skills for, certain jobs.     

And THAT is the bullshiiite Bushian/Establishment/Big Government/Open Borders Lie.

Importing third world squatters who immediately go on welfare IS NOT economic growth, but regressive.

But I don't expect liberal mindsets to comprehend that fact.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:38:37 pm by INVAR »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
what I care about is economic growth... 

You cannot have economic growth with an open borders welfare state.  You and your so-called vaunted economists are living in fantasyland if you actually believe we can.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Support for immigration and its desirability for economic growth does not equate to support for "open borders". 

"Importing third world squatters who immediately go on welfare" is a racist lie.  Immigrants come here because American employers want and need their services.     

Silver Pines

Seung Min Kim ‏@seungminkim  48m48 minutes ago

!!!!! Trump told senators he is open to Gang of 8 immigration bill, per Manchin. Lamar brought it up during meeting and need for reform

Offline skeeter

Support for immigration and its desirability for economic growth does not equate to support for "open borders". 

"Importing third world squatters who immediately go on welfare" is a racist lie.  Immigrants come here because American employers want and need their services.   

Somewhere between 50-60% of immigrant households are on public assistance. Its not racist to suggest that most of those receiving benefits are the low skilled variety.

So while employers benefits by having this low skilled immigrant labor the rest of society picks up costs the employer avoids.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Somewhere between 50-60% of immigrant households are on public assistance.

Can you provide a reputable link to support that? 

Offline skeeter

Can you provide a reputable link to support that?

First one I came across. (there are many others if you care to look)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

This should not be understood as some kind of defect or moral failing on the part of immigrants," Camarota said about the findings. "Rather, what it represents is a system that allows a lot of less-educated immigrants to settle in the country, who then earn modest wages and are eligible for a very generous welfare system.

In other words, its no more immigrant welfare than its welfare for their employers.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:43:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.