Author Topic: Diet can impact migraines  (Read 729 times)

rangerrebew

Diet can impact migraines
« on: February 09, 2017, 11:50:08 am »
Diet can impact migraines

Date:
    November 1, 2016
Source:
    University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center
Summary:
    Eliminating that morning 'Cup of Joe,' consuming processed foods high in nitrites or monosodium glutamate (MSG) and enjoying too much alcohol are potential headache triggers for individuals battling migraines, suggests a new report.
Share:
    AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Google+Share to LinkedInShare to MoreShare to Email

FULL STORY

Eliminating that morning 'Cup of Joe,' consuming processed foods high in nitrites or monosodium glutamate (MSG) and enjoying too much alcohol are potential headache triggers for individuals battling migraines, says Vincent Martin, MD, professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Cincinnati (UC) College of Medicine.

There are two different approaches to preventing headaches with diet. The first approach would be an elimination diet that avoids foods and beverages known to trigger headaches. The second approach would be follow a comprehensive diet whose very composition may prevent headaches, explains Martin, co-director of the Headache and Facial Pain Center at UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute and an expert in the area of migraine. His conclusions and others for migraineurs come after performing an exhaustive literature review of more than 180 research studies on the subject of migraine and diet.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161101103541.htm
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:50:51 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Diet can impact migraines
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:52:20 am »
Many with migraines have vitamin deficiencies, says study
Researchers uncertain whether supplementation would help prevent migraines

Date:
    June 10, 2016
Source:
    Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Summary:
    A high percentage of children, teens and young adults with migraines appear to have mild deficiencies in vitamin D, riboflavin and coenzyme Q10 -- a vitamin-like substance found in every cell of the body that is used to produce energy for cell growth and maintenance.
Share:
    AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Google+Share to LinkedInShare to MoreShare to Email

FULL STORY
A high percentage of children, teens and young adults with migraines appear to have mild deficiencies in vitamin D, riboflavin and coenzyme Q10, say researchers.
Credit: © Adiano / Fotolia

A high percentage of children, teens and young adults with migraines appear to have mild deficiencies in vitamin D, riboflavin and coenzyme Q10 -- a vitamin-like substance found in every cell of the body that is used to produce energy for cell growth and maintenance.

These deficiencies may be involved in patients who experience migraines, but that is unclear based on existing studies.

"Further studies are needed to elucidate whether vitamin supplementation is effective in migraine patients in general, and whether patients with mild deficiency are more likely to benefit from supplementation," says Suzanne Hagler, MD, a Headache Medicine fellow in the division of Neurology at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and lead author of the study.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160610140645.htm
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:53:29 am by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 12:28:35 pm »
Are those depleted by stress?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:42:30 pm »
Odd, I found that many of my migraines were triggered by stupid people.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 06:43:45 pm »
Odd, I found that many of my migraines were triggered by stupid people.
And many of the things listed above are the only antidote to stupid people.  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour