Author Topic: Federal scientist cooked climate change books ahead of Obama presentation, whistle blower charges  (Read 707 times)

rangerrebew

Federal scientist cooked climate change books ahead of Obama presentation, whistle blower charges

Published February 07, 2017
FoxNews.com

A key Obama administration scientist brushed aside inconvenient data that showed a slowdown in global warming in compiling an alarming 2015 report that coincided with the White House participation in the Paris Climate Conference, a whistle blower is alleging.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), in a major 2013 report, concluded global temperatures had shown a smaller increase from 1998 to 2012 than any similar period over the past 30 to 60 years. But a blockbuster, June 2015 paper by a team of federal scientists led by Thomas Karl, published in the journal Science in June 2015 and later known as the “pausebuster" paper sought to discredit the notion of a slowdown in warming.
karlpic Expand / Contract

Karl was director of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Centers for Environmental Information when the report was published. (NOAA)

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/02/07/federal-scientist-cooked-climate-change-books-ahead-obama-presentation-whistle-blower-charges.html

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Can you disbar a scientist like you can a lawyer?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Disbar from what?  No.  What you do is discredit his/her work by showing its flaws.

Offline Just_Victor

They can be fired, including from the government, for misconduct.  Data fraud is probably the worst of scientific violations, going against every basic ethical tenant of science.

But I'm sure his cohorts will be jumping up to defend him.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.