Author Topic: 'Skeptical' Ninth Circuit judges poised to block some or all of Trump's travel ban  (Read 578 times)

rangerrebew

February 8, 2017
'Skeptical' Ninth Circuit judges poised to block some or all of Trump's travel ban
By Rick Moran

The liberal judges sitting on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals peppered Trump administration attorney August Flentje with questions that suggested that the court is willing to severely curtail the president's executive order on temporarily banning refugees and issuing visas to citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries.  In fact, the judges appear prepared to precipitate a serious constitutional crisis by severely curtailing President Trump's powers as commander in chief.

For 230 years, courts have granted the president significant leeway in deciding how best to keep the American people safe from our enemies.  The court appears ready to substitute its own judgment on how best to address the security of American citizens, turning the Constitution on its head and destroying the balance between the executive and judicial branches.

Flentje came under fire immediately.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/02/skeptical_ninth_circuit_judges_poised_to_block_some_or_all_of_trumps_travel_ban.html#ixzz4Y7TGMvXm
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Damn, all my 69 years I've been under, apparently, the false impression judges were to rule on the law and such things as personal skepticism had nothing to do with a decision.  Now, because of the fine judges on the 9th Circus, I find skepticism is, in fact, enshrined in the law. :whistle:

Offline r9etb

Damn, all my 69 years I've been under, apparently, the false impression judges were to rule on the law and such things as personal skepticism had nothing to do with a decision.  Now, because of the fine judges on the 9th Circus, I find skepticism is, in fact, enshrined in the law. :whistle:

OK, so a few points to remember:

1. 9th Circus -- the most over-ruled court in the land.  If they rule one way, it probably goes to the Supremes.
2. Don't forget that this is an opinion piece written by a guy trying to read the tea leaves based on the questions posed during oral arguments.
3. Lawyers will tell you: questions during oral arguments generally are not good predictors of how the court will eventually rule.
4. It's good for the judges to vigorously challenge lawyers to defend their arguments.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:32:05 pm by r9etb »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Bad headline.

They will not 'block' anything.

Instead, they will offer an opinion,that's all.

The dirty little secret that judges really do not wield all that much power may just be coming out into the open.

The idiot in Seattle that decided to go extra-Constitutional just may have opened the floodgates that make them irrelevant
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington