Author Topic: DHS chief: Southwest border is ‘gaping wound’ in homeland security  (Read 579 times)

rangerrebew

DHS chief: Southwest border is ‘gaping wound’ in homeland security

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The lack of a border wall is “a gaping wound” in the country’s defenses, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly said Tuesday, saying Border Patrol officials in the ground in Texas and Arizona can point to exact spots where fencing is needed right now.

Mr. Kelly also promised a marked jump in morale at his department, saying tens of thousands of immigration agents had been despondent after having their hands tied by the Obama administration, and are now eager to get back to enforcing the law — the job they were hired to do.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-gaping-wound/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: DHS chief: Southwest border is ‘gaping wound’ in homeland security
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:55:28 am »
Amazing ... the shift in attitudes from these agencies in only a couple of months.

Hmmm.... does anyone remember the wailing voices around here several months' back, claiming that a Trump administration would be no different than hillary's ...?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: DHS chief: Southwest border is ‘gaping wound’ in homeland security
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:10:58 am »
Amazing ... the shift in attitudes from these agencies in only a couple of months.

Hmmm.... does anyone remember the wailing voices around here several months' back, claiming that a Trump administration would be no different than hillary's ...?
Well no, actually I don't. I remember rational voices saying that we knew exactly what to expect from Hillary but that Trump was a wild card.I also know that while many call President Trump out when he does something, shall we say injudicious, they also give him credit when he does good.