Author Topic: The end of Sarah Palin is here  (Read 21587 times)

Silver Pines

The end of Sarah Palin is here
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:39:41 pm »
The end of Sarah Palin is here

By Chris Cillizza
January 26, 2017

Remember how former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was going to use her political celebrity to build an army of like-minded politicians via her political action committee?

Yeah, not so much.

Michael Beckel of the Center for Public Integrity flagged for me this news: Palin has officially shut down Sarah PAC as of the end of 2016. Kaput. Donezo.

But, that's not even the real story. Again, via Beckel: In the 2016 election cycle, Palin's Sarah PAC spent $830,000 on consultants and just $82,500 in donations to other candidates — a.k.a its ostensible purpose. Not only that but Sarah PAC spent $168,000 on travel and lodging expenses during the 2016 election — double what it donated to candidates, which is its ostensible … well you get the idea.

This was not an isolated incident. In the 2010 election cycle — when Sarah PAC was functioning on all cylinders — it raised $5.6 million and spent $4.3 million. Just $509,000 of that total — less than 12 percent of total expenditures — went to either candidates or political/party committees.

What the closure of Palin's PAC — and the remarkably small amount of spending on actual candidates for office — makes clear is that a) her time as a national leader for Republicans is over and b) Palin's prime interest was never really anything other than promoting her own political brand.

Read more at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/26/heres-definitive-proof-sarah-palin-didnt-care-about-much-in-politics-other-than-sarah-palin/?utm_term=.08e61082a4a7

geronl

Re: The end of Sarah Palin is here
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:44:37 pm »
She became a parody of a parody of a parody

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »
She became a parody of a parody of a parody
if given a choice between listening to a Palin rally and sticking a awl in their ear needlepoint would become the national pasttime

Offline chae

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:16 pm »
I really liked her, and then I read her book, and the more she talked the less I liked her.  Her word salad Trump endorsement and  blaming Obama because her son beat up his girlfriend while drunk sealed the deal for me.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:52:06 pm »
   She was great in her day
   in a Cassius Clay sorta way
   but time caught up to her
   and now she must defer
   To being the whacked out broad she always were.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 06:57:49 pm »
Every single word she spoke was a donation to DT.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:59:15 pm »
Speaking as one of her biggest defenders in the past, she lost my support when turning on conservatism and backstabbing Ted Cruz. I wasn't thrilled with her Romney approval and her continued backing of McCain was Strike two.

Word salad or not, the things she supported once were bedrock conservative ideals. Why she turned on them isn't an issue. Just the fact she turned on them. I regret the time and effort I wasted.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 06:59:29 pm »
Probably true but I'd expect Cillizza to overstate things. Is this really unusual behavior for PACs?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 07:00:53 pm »
Quote from: CatherineofAragon link=topic=248117.msg1219808#msg1219808 [url
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/26/heres-definitive-proof-sarah-palin-didnt-care-about-much-in-politics-other-than-sarah-palin/?utm_term=.08e61082a4a7[/url]

Oh goody!  People on our side sending the left wing Washington post more hits on their website so as to put more money in their pockets!   

Also helping them to spread the meme that conservative politicians are greedy lying corrupt sacks of sh*t is also very useful to our movement.   

This is how we WIN people!  Keep up the good work!   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 07:01:36 pm »
Probably true but I'd expect Cillizza to overstate things. Is this really unusual behavior for PACs?

Not really. They all spend more than they distribute. PACs are a business like any other.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 07:05:52 pm »
Word salad or not, the things she supported once were bedrock conservative ideals. Why she turned on them isn't an issue. Just the fact she turned on them. I regret the time and effort I wasted.

888high58888

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 07:06:16 pm »
I really liked her, and then I read her book, and the more she talked the less I liked her.  Her word salad Trump endorsement and  blaming Obama because her son beat up his girlfriend while drunk sealed the deal for me.

Her early story is great and something we can learn from. But then she let it go to her head and became the pop culture parody of herself. If she was the same person that took on the school board, took on the corrupt city council, and took on cronyism in the State government, she would still be someone to look up to. She traded making a difference for making a noise.  She went from fighting cronyism to campaigning for it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:11:58 pm by AbaraXas »

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 07:06:54 pm »
   She was great in her day
   in a Cassius Clay sorta way
   but time caught up to her
   and now she must defer
   To being the whacked out broad she always were.

@corbe

Lol

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:58 pm »
Speaking as one of her biggest defenders in the past, she lost my support when turning on conservatism and backstabbing Ted Cruz. I wasn't thrilled with her Romney approval and her continued backing of McCain was Strike two.

:beer:  I've lost a lot of respect for Palin.  To me she is a has-been and will never be anymore than that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 07:15:12 pm »
She wasn't nearly as successful as her fans seemed to believe.

Of the candidates she endorsed I suspect a 25% success rate is probably a pretty optimistic estimate.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 07:15:58 pm »
Quote from: CatherineofAragon link=topic=248117.msg1219808#msg1219808 [url
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/26/heres-definitive-proof-sarah-palin-didnt-care-about-much-in-politics-other-than-sarah-palin/?utm_term=.08e61082a4a7[/url]

Oh goody!  People on our side sending the left wing Washington post more hits on their website so as to put more money in their pockets!   

Also helping them to spread the meme that conservative politicians are greedy lying corrupt sacks of sh*t is also very useful to our movement.   

@DiogenesLamp, can you chill with the drama?

I told you on another thread, I'm done with simple-minded thinking that tells me I have to live in a bubble and only read from certain "approved" sources.  If you want to see what that produces, go visit another site we're familiar with. 

If you don't believe the figures Cillizza gave, you're free to research and refute them.  If you can do that, I'll happily delete this post. 

I don't consider Palin to be on my side.  I think she's a self-promoting grifter and a rough-edged broad who probably will be better off staying in Alaska where she can be nearby the next time a family brawl breaks out.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:40 pm »

Remember how former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was going to use her political celebrity to build an army of like-minded politicians via her political action committee?

I don't know, but maybe once one of your army of likeminded politicians captures the presidency, it's time to retire anyway.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:56 pm »

Same here. I thought she was a cowgirl turns out she was just white trash going for whoever was paying the bills; so to speak.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline endicom

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 07:19:17 pm »
Not really. They all spend more than they distribute. PACs are a business like any other.

"Michael, campaigning is bigger than US Steel."

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 07:21:34 pm »

I told you on another thread, I'm done with simple-minded thinking that tells me I have to live in a bubble and only read from certain "approved" sources.  If you want to see what that produces, go visit another site we're familiar with. 

Self appointed "minders" like the ones Saddam Hussein used to have to lead the media around to report the stories he wanted appointed.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:23:25 pm »
Self appointed "minders" like the ones Saddam Hussein used to have to lead the media around to report the stories he wanted appointed.

The ignore button is a nice thing. I do notice however, as they scold others for using what they say are liberal sources, they themselves, selectively choose other liberal sources to post from. Some people don't want to discuss the issue, they want to just try to control things.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 07:24:13 pm »

I would suggest they mind themselves and enjoy the bliss inside the bubble.

geronl

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 07:26:00 pm »

GBR doesn't need a Zampolit

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 07:27:34 pm »

What's factually wrong with the stories?  was the spending to donation ratio wrong?  Too much money listed as being brought in?  Not enough?

Did you read the story?  Or are you going to be just like the Libs and dismiss the article out of hand without reading the whole thing?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:28:50 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 07:27:44 pm »
I used to "Like" her on Book face, but her constant cozying up to McStain against the conservatives in the AZ Party tore it for me.   The Party has had its ups and downs over the years, but they finally got it together at a State Convention and censured McStain for one of his many suck-ups to Obama, and she bitched and bitched about the terrible Party.

Bye-bye Sarah.  You could have been a contender.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: