Author Topic: What Ever Happened to Common Sense?  (Read 422 times)

rangerrebew

What Ever Happened to Common Sense?
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:41:21 pm »
February 7, 2017
What Ever Happened to Common Sense?
By Robert Curry

I have been hearing from many people about common sense lately.

Because a book of mine has that phrase in the title, people frequently offer me their thoughts about common sense.  Over time, this has amounted to a kind of informal and unscientific poll.  Here are the results so far: evidently, there is general agreement that common sense has fallen on hard times in America.  From "common sense has become so uncommon" to "whatever happened to common sense anyway?," the responses agree that American life has been trending away from common sense.

And it is obvious to anyone that common sense is not just fading away for reasons unknown.  Common sense has been reeling from an all-out frontal assault.  We need only to consider political correctness.  Political correctness is the rejection of common sense in our political discourse.  The proponents of P.C. demand that schools let boys into girls' bathrooms and that universities protect college students from words and ideas that might upset them.  The P.C. overlords simultaneously demand that America bring in large numbers of Muslims from the jihadi-infested Middle East and that American citizens be deprived of the means to defend themselves and their families from jihadists.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/02/what_ever_happened_to_common_sense.html#ixzz4Y0TGKbBp
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What Ever Happened to Common Sense?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »
I read an article several years ago that proclaimed only about 7% of the population had 'common sense'. But John Prine said it back in '75

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkD_nRIpzOo
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis