Author Topic: U.S. High School Kids Abandoning Sweetened Sodas  (Read 439 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. High School Kids Abandoning Sweetened Sodas
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:23:58 pm »
U.S. High School Kids Abandoning Sweetened Sodas
CDC study finds daily intake of these and other sugary drinks fell to just 20 percent by 2015
Email this page to a friend Print Facebook Twitter Google+ Subscribe to RSS
By E.J. Mundell
Thursday, February 2, 2017
HealthDay news image

THURSDAY, Feb. 2, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- There's good news when it comes to American teens' diets, with more high school kids saying no to sodas and other sweetened beverages, researchers say.

A new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that while just over a third of kids in grades 9 through 12 drank a sweetened beverage each day in 2007, that number had fallen to 20.5 percent by 2015.

Still, more can be done to help kids avoid the empty calories of sweetened sodas and drinks, the CDC team said.

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_163383.html
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:24:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: U.S. High School Kids Abandoning Sweetened Sodas
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »
What I have seen is that a boatload of high school kids race right over to star*ucks to buy their sweetened, calorie ladened, over priced crap drinks, and damned if I understand why mommy and daddy pay for it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: U.S. High School Kids Abandoning Sweetened Sodas
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:12:25 pm »
Did they factor in energy drinks? That's all I see youngsters drinking anymore.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour