Author Topic: U.S. failed to capture 'third most dangerous terrorist' in Yemen raid that left Navy SEAL dead: report  (Read 225 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

U.S. failed to capture 'third most dangerous terrorist' in Yemen raid that left Navy SEAL dead: report

The target of last month's Navy SEAL raid in Yemen was Al Qaeda Qassim al-Rimi, according to a report. (AFP/AFP/Getty Images)

The “secret” target of the President Trump-ordered raid in Yemen was an Al Qaeda leader considered the third most dangerous terrorist in the world, according to a report.

Fourteen Al Qaeda fighters and civilians were killed in the operation, though terrorist leader Qassim al-Rimi was not, multiple sources told NBC News.

Al-Rimi has long been senior commander for the group’s faction in Yemen, and the U.S. State Department currently offers $5 million for information that brings the 38-year-old to justice.

Continued: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/yemen-raid-missed-dangerous-terrorist-world-article-1.2965790

I think I've seen his picture before; since most of the talk on that raid has been here, I'm adding this in.