Author Topic: Italy: The Camorra-Connected Couple Running Guns—and Choppers—to ISIS - Daily Beast  (Read 535 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Camorra-Connected Couple Running Guns—and Choppers—to ISIS
A middle-aged couple from Naples who converted to Islam are accused of trafficking guns, several attack helicopters, and ammunition both to Iran and to ISIS.
Barbie Latza Nadeau 02.06.17 12:13 AM ET

NAPLES, Italy—Below the white wrought iron balconies and green shutters that one expects in this city, at street level the Sheik Narghile Arabian Bar and Restaurant advertises belly dancing and Arabic cuisine in bright lettering on its darkened windows. It seems out of place among the ice cream parlors and pastry shops. But, then, décor is the least of the problems associated with this building.

The landlords are Annamaria Fontana, 62, a former local councilwoman who has been known as the Dark Lady since she converted to Islam more than a decade ago, and her husband Mario di Leva, 68, who has gone by the name Jaafar since he converted to Islam in the late 1980s.

They, along with their son Luca di Leva, were arrested last week for trafficking arms and helicopters to Iran and the so-called Islamic State in Libya. Another man, Andrea Pardi, who manages a helicopter manufacturing firm, was also arrested. Ali Mohamud Shaswish from Libya is named in the warrant as well, but his whereabouts are unknown. The di Levas and Pardi have all protested their innocence.

Continued: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/06/the-camorra-connected-couple-running-guns-and-choppers-to-isis.html

In short, Italy caught these two and they are on trial.  Camorra are similar to the Mafia, I'm sure most of us know that. They are just on the boot vs. being in Sicily, isn't that the way it is? Centered around Naples; I've always heard that is where a lot of the organized crime is.

Obviously, radicalized. Pretty bad.

Helicopters? Perhaps those didn't get over there but still.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:00:32 am by TomSea »

Offline endicom

In short, Italy caught these two and they are on trial.  Camorra are similar to the Mafia, I'm sure most of us know that. They are just on the boot vs. being in Sicily, isn't that the way it is? Centered around Naples; I've always heard that is where a lot of the organized crime is.

Obviously, radicalized. Pretty bad.

Helicopters? Perhaps those didn't get over there but still.

Between the two is 'Ndrangheta which is now said to be most powerful.