Author Topic: 'Homeland' takes a left turn? New season focuses on Muslim civil rights, female president-elect's CIA battles  (Read 676 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Carole Glines
Fox News
January 20, 2017

The Showtime drama "Homeland" has shocked many longtime fans by taking an apparent left turn.

The sixth season, which premiered on Sunday [January 15], features former CIA officer Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) disillusioned by the war on terrorism and returning home to the United States with daughter Frannie to head up a non-profit in Brooklyn that defends American Muslims...

Meanwhile, the "Homeland" episode also introduced a female President-elect Elizabeth Keane (Elizabeth Marvel), who questioned the hard line approach against domestic terror cells and pushed for a "demilitarized CIA." ...

Former "Homeland" fan ... Rush Limbaugh noticed the change ...

Limbaugh concluded, "I said, 'Wow, I wonder how the audience is going to react to this?'" ...
More

WSJ article: 'Homeland,' Season 6 Review: A Politically Correct Carrie: Gone is the series' original vitality, replaced with predictable politeness.

For those of you who are familiar with the show, you may recall that in past seasons it was accused of being bigoted toward Muslims because it portrayed radical Islamic terrorists in a bad light. Well, no more. The producers peed all over themselves and capitulated.

After watching the first episode of this season, I bade Homeland farewell and removed it from our DVR subscription list.