Author Topic: Experts Claim Earth’s Magnetic Poles Overdue To Flip: “Could Cause Chaos In Everything”  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Good Lord I hope not.

After the past 5 months I've had I'd be pissed and the bouncers at the pearly gates would toss me out.

Damn. I wish you would have told me that sooner. I ran out and bought a time share after I read the first post to live it up for my last day.

Offline Joe Wooten

Actually, it could well be a part of 'global warming', at least in western North America and South America. The North Pole has been moving 50 miles a year toward UK/Russia for a decades... Something like 700 miles by now... Essentially, Europe is 'moving' north, and equally, North America is 'moving' south, which tends to increase average temps in the US.

In such a scenario, the drought in CA is pretty easy to understand, as it is now effectively where Baja was... And the Northeast is creeping northward, explaining the heavy winter weather they now endure.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1215_051215_north_pole.html

Well, that is a novel idea, but wrong. They are talking about the magnetic poles, not the spin poles. Those are two completely different entities.

Offline Joe Wooten

Shrugs... Think what you want. But I know Inuit who will tell you the winter sun sets differently than it used to... Noticeable in a generation. Likewise here - The winter solstice sunset is off by half a mountain from where it set when I was a lad, and the winter darkness is much shorter than it was.

It's moving.  don't care what anyone says.

Look up the term "Precession". The wobble in the earth's spin axis causes small changes over about a 20,000 year time frame.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well, that is a novel idea, but wrong. They are talking about the magnetic poles, not the spin poles. Those are two completely different entities.

The droughts change the masss of the land mass which causes changes in the earth's magnetism and may cause changes in the earth's tilt.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm more concerned about flipping geographic poles, as in the earth is spinning on an axis where say, Brazil is now.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm more concerned about flipping geographic poles, as in the earth is spinning on an axis where say, Brazil is now.

Antarctica will return as the home it used to be.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Antarctica will return as the home it used to be.

I'm curious as to the effect of such an event. I have the feeling it wouldn't be pretty.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm curious as to the effect of such an event. I have the feeling it wouldn't be pretty.

I'll have to look up the specifics but have you heard the Hapgood theory of crustal displacement? Some of it plays along with the ideas of Immanuel Velikovsky.

Wingnut

We are just now recovering from the Y2K calamity and now this!  Odds on making it to the year 2525
...If man is still alive

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
We are just now recovering from the Y2K calamity and now this!  Odds on making it to the year 2525
...If man is still alive

We'll be alive. Evolved to a higher level. Super-intelligent protoplasm. One big lump.

Wingnut

We'll be alive. Evolved to a higher level. Super-intelligent protoplasm. One big lump.

Your arms are hanging limp at your side. Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine's doing that for you?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Your arms are hanging limp at your side. Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine's doing that for you?

No arms. No legs. A gob of goo. Lumped up "man" kind can quest to gather the ether together toward some sublime goal. One big group grope.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:01:37 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So we're not all going to die tomorrow?

Not if Doc and I get the Flux Capacitor up and running.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I'll have to look up the specifics but have you heard the Hapgood theory of crustal displacement? Some of it plays along with the ideas of Immanuel Velikovsky.

I have not specifically, though I've heard of it indirectly. It would explain the quick freezing of mammoths and such in Siberia.

The reason I'm curious about it, is that in Revelation it talks about one of the first judgements is a global earthquake that levels the mountains. I'm wondering if that would fit as the effects of a geographic pole shift or continental slide, or even a change in our spin, such as away from a tilt to a more vertical position.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

...If man is still alive

Or 2491, even.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I have not specifically, though I've heard of it indirectly. It would explain the quick freezing of mammoths and such in Siberia.

The reason I'm curious about it, is that in Revelation it talks about one of the first judgements is a global earthquake that levels the mountains. I'm wondering if that would fit as the effects of a geographic pole shift or continental slide, or even a change in our spin, such as away from a tilt to a more vertical position.

I think Hapgood has been refuted to the extent of a complete global crustal shift. But a near pass by a comet or big asteroid might could cause something along the lines of earthquakes happening simultaneously. In different regions--fault lines.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Or 2491, even.

We should try for 2018. But I don't know, with Trump at the wheel.

Wingnut

Or 2491, even.

If God's a-coming, he ought to make it by then. Maybe he'll look around himself and say
“Guess it's time for the judgement day!”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We may be worrying too much.  There could be positive effects to this situation.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 I could handle that.

In other words, get a grip, people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fake news?

SHTF are a bunch of loony toons.
There have been a bunch of polar reversals in geologic history, noted from the orientation of magnetite crystals in the basalts of the floor of the Atlantic Ocean, and in other ocean basins around the world.

Whether the next event happens tomorrow or a few hundred thousand years from now is anyone's guess, but the purveyors of panic manage to keep people fretting about things they can do nothing about, which keeps the herd from focusing on the things they can change.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I like the theory of Continental Drip, but his one is good, as well. http://jir.com/geographic.html (Journal of Irreproducible Results) :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis