Author Topic: Celebrate VM Day  (Read 932 times)

Online Hoodat

Celebrate VM Day
« on: February 02, 2017, 04:49:40 am »
Forget Cinco de Mayo.  The real celebration should be reserved for VM Day - Feb 2

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed in village of Guadalupe Hidalgo on February 2, 1848, ending the Mexican War and extending the boundaries of the United States west to the Pacific Ocean.

There shall be firm and universal peace between the United States of America and the Mexican Republic…

Article I, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, signed February 2, 1848.

The terms of the agreement confirmed U.S. claims to Texas and established the border between the U.S. and Mexico at the Rio Grande and the Gila River. The treaty also granted the U.S. more than 525,000 square miles of former Mexican territory that includes present-day California, Nevada, Utah, most of New Mexico and Arizona, and parts of Colorado and Wyoming. In exchange, the U.S. paid Mexico $15 million for the territory and agreed to assume the claims of American citizens against the Mexican government, a sum of approximately $3 million. This treaty, along with the 1853 Gadsden Purchase, completed the continental expansion of the United States.

https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/february-02
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

Re: Celebrate VM Day
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 04:56:51 am »
I celebrate VD day in Feb thank you very much. :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Celebrate VM Day
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:04:41 am »
I celebrate VD day in Feb thank you very much. :shrug: