Author Topic: BREAKING: President Trump’s Pick for SUPREME COURT Has Just Been Revealed… Meet Neil Gorsuch  (Read 18745 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

I was one who could find nothing in the background of Donald J. Trump that would indicate he would govern as he is currently governing and never voted for him in either the primary or the general I'll admit my error at this point, , I seriously doubt that anyone we could have elected would have made a better choice.

I agree with you @Bigun.  All of it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sean Spicer-
After being announced by @POTUS as the next Assoc Justice #SCOTUS Neil Gorsuch greets Maureen & Fr. Scalia

Offline Mom MD

I was one of them.

You and me both....  I am glad he did not dissapoint
God is still in control

geronl

He's still the same perverted con-man he always was, even if he is right now and then.

Online roamer_1

I was one who could find nothing in the background of Donald J. Trump that would indicate he would govern as he is currently governing and never voted for him in either the primary or the general I'll admit my error at this point, , I seriously doubt that anyone we could have elected would have made a better choice.

I'll disagree. Dubya was much the same. All Texas to begin with, but the longer it went, the more his gaze turned toward HighAnusPort. I will remain a skeptic. Character matters, and his lack thereof will out.

Offline LonestarDream

He's still the same perverted con-man he always was, even if he is right now and then.

??? 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It appears to be a pretty good pick. I wouldn't be surprised if he trusted some key advisors on this one, so kudos for that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

I just hope Trump doesn't set things back with stupid Tweets in the morning. We need Democrat votes, ànd up until the  vote takes place the Democrats are going to be under extreme pressure to vote No. Instead sell the nominee to the people, and the activist will have less influence on them.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll disagree. Dubya was much the same. All Texas to begin with, but the longer it went, the more his gaze turned toward HighAnusPort. I will remain a skeptic. Character matters, and his lack thereof will out.

If he governs for four years as he currently is doing he will certainly  have my vote and unabashed support  next time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok. Good step forward. Now, how do we get rid of Roberts?

@240B

We will NEVER get rid of the homosexual justice. The movers and shakers behind the scenes know that can put the blackmail pressure on him anytime to get him to do what they want,and they ain't about to let him be removed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

It appears to be a pretty good pick. I wouldn't be surprised if he trusted some key advisors on this one, so kudos for that.

Well, he's always been on Trump's list.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are you pleased @mystery-ak ?

Very pleased with this SCOTUS pick...yes I am!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't be deceived.

McConnell and the GOP Oligarchy at Mordor on the Potomac do not want Originalists on the Bench anymore than the Commie-Libtards do.

They'll use the Democrats as scapegoats as to why they cannot support such a Conservative and need to choose someone "both sides" can support.

@skeeter  @INVAR

I may be wrong,but I think that is the point skeeter was making.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Very pleased with this SCOTUS pick...yes I am!

Me, too!   :laugh:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I liked Hardiman, but this is a good pick.   Now the task is to confirm him, with Trump having blown six months of political capital in six days.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

geronl

Neil Gorsuch wrote about abortion using the terminology of the pro-abortion side, without ever referring to the "unborn child"; he has avoided mentioning abortion as a judge but has favorably cited the Blackmun decision that gave abortionists legal standing to challenge pro-life laws; and while religious beliefs are not a test for public office, Gorsuch's Episcopalian church has declared its "unequivocal opposition" to pro-life laws and he has said nothing publicly pro-life. In addition, Gorsuch was one of the first to hold that there is a federal right for a man to claim special protections for thinking that his "gender identity" is that of a woman.

Source: Conservapedia, Conservative Review & NR

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I liked Hardiman, but this is a good pick.   Now the task is to confirm him, with Trump having blown six months of political capital in six days.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching the democrats twist themselves into pretzels trying to torpedo this guy! What a show!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching the democrats twist themselves into pretzels trying to torpedo this guy! What a show!

My fear is they succeed.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
My fear is they succeed.

If that happens we might as well pick up our marbles and go home! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

Neil Gorsuch wrote about abortion using the terminology of the pro-abortion side, without ever referring to the "unborn child"; he has avoided mentioning abortion as a judge but has favorably cited the Blackmun decision that gave abortionists legal standing to challenge pro-life laws; and while religious beliefs are not a test for public office, Gorsuch's Episcopalian church has declared its "unequivocal opposition" to pro-life laws and he has said nothing publicly pro-life. In addition, Gorsuch was one of the first to hold that there is a federal right for a man to claim special protections for thinking that his "gender identity" is that of a woman.

Source: Conservapedia, Conservative Review & NR

I don't where your source is digging this garbage up, but  FOX News said abortion is one thing he never wrote an opinion on.  In any case Roe v Wade will not be overturned any time soon with any pick.

Oceander

I don't where your source is digging this garbage up, but  FOX News said abortion is one thing he never wrote an opinion on.  In any case Roe v Wade will not be overturned any time soon with any pick.

The odds of my winning both the powerball and megamillions lotteries are better than the odds of Roe v. Wade being overturned.

geronl

He attends a pro-abortion, anti-gun church

Gorsuch's Episcopalian church has declared its "unequivocal opposition" to pro-life laws and he has said nothing publicly pro-life. In addition, his church has a rapid response team to lobby against guns when the state legislature has hearings on gun bills.

Online roamer_1

It certainly won't be if our picks are not pro-life.