5 (13.9%)
Manchego
1 (2.8%)
Wensleydale
2 (5.6%)
Yes, please!
21 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Cheese?  (Read 20648 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Cheese?
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2017, 01:45:12 am »
I stand corrected. That being said.....  Is my cheese samitch ready yet women!
 :whistle:

Oh, it's ready all right.   22222frying pan

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2017, 02:00:57 am »

Oh, it's ready all right.   22222frying pan

Grilled cheese. I hope you got two of those.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2017, 03:18:30 am »
Ironically, I had grilled cheese sammiches for lunch today. Made 'em myself though.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2017, 04:38:21 am »
Ironically, I had grilled cheese sammiches for lunch today. Made 'em myself though.   :shrug:

... just a dust of garlic salt and pepper on the buttered sides before you throw them in the pan... Served with tomato soup for dunkin... It don't get no better...

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2017, 04:46:19 am »
Wensleydale?

Yes, it's staggeringly popular 'round here!
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:49 pm »
Drinking coffee, reading this forum.  Found this thread and had to go investigate the contents of the cheese drawer.  Breakfast is a slice of home made Multigrain bread topped by three different cheeses and broiled.  And it's all your fault.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »
I like a good smoked Gouda.

But seriously, we have love for Cheez-Whiz and cheese-in-a-can, but nothing for my guilty pleasure Velveeta?

Now that's what you put on a big fat greasy burger!

Velveeta cheese sauce in individual pouches.  Microwave and pour.  Emergency rations. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »
Cheddar.

With Swiss a close second.

Me too. 

Plus I'm half Italian.  Must have mozzarella,  provolone, parmesan, romano, asiago , etc. etc.  Preferably imported from Italy.  Domestic versions don't compare.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »
I happen to be a big fan of Gruyère:

and also, Brillat-Savarin:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 03:33:59 pm »
Never met a cheese I didn't like but my favorite of all is

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2017, 04:57:12 pm »
My goodness, I almost forgot! Camembert. As a teen, I developed a strong affinity for it. Seeking it out at better grocery stores everywhere and GLORY!!! sometimes finding on sale at discount prices. The question is, however. What do we do with the rind?
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2017, 05:03:33 pm »
What rind?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »
My goodness, I almost forgot! Camembert. As a teen, I developed a strong affinity for it. Seeking it out at better grocery stores everywhere and GLORY!!! sometimes finding on sale at discount prices. The question is, however. What do we do with the rind?

Eat it?  It's yummy.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2017, 05:25:28 pm »
What rind?

hah hah my friends and I used to go back and forth about that. Supposedly the learned consume the whole thing, rind and all (since it's not wax like other cheeses have) but some of more delicate sensibilities shun the rind (depriving themselves of a few extra bites per wedge). Eventually I fell into the former group and just went all out with the full consumption approach. But I don't criticize others who are diffident about the outer part. My God, it tastes like Heaven.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2017, 05:34:11 pm »
hah hah my friends and I used to go back and forth about that. Supposedly the learned consume the whole thing, rind and all (since it's not wax like other cheeses have) but some of more delicate sensibilities shun the rind (depriving themselves of a few extra bites per wedge). Eventually I fell into the former group and just went all out with the full consumption approach. But I don't criticize others who are diffident about the outer part. My God, it tastes like Heaven.

That debate is the origin of "It's all good!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2017, 05:37:33 pm »

No one eats the rind. You don't also eat the wrapper on a Snickers do you?

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2017, 05:46:42 pm »
No one eats the rind. You don't also eat the wrapper on a Snickers do you?

The French do. In fact, I think it's illegal not to if you are in the Camembert region (just as it is illegal to leave more than 1 milliliter of French wine at the bottom of a glass between 2 PM and 2 AM in Paris).

So, to avoid prosecution one must eat the Camembert rind in France, unless you are a Muslim in France, in which case someone from the government will be paid to apologize and eat the rind for you.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:54:35 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2017, 05:49:14 pm »
The French do. In fact, I think it's illegal not to if you are in the Camembert region (just as it is illegal to leave more than 1 milliliter of French wine at the bottom of a glass between 5 PM and 2 AM in Paris).

Unless you are Muslim in France, in which case someone from the government will be paid to apologize and eat the rind for you.

:happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »
The French do. In fact, I think it's illegal not to if you are in the Camembert region (just as it is illegal to leave more than 1 milliliter of French wine at the bottom of a glass between 2 PM and 2 AM in Paris).

So, to avoid prosecution one must eat the Camembert rind in France, unless you are a Muslim in France, in which case someone from the government will be paid to apologize and eat the rind for you.

LOL. I see. I'll keep that in mind if I am in the region.

Wingnut

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:15 pm »
Now that you have had your cheese you must have your choose your whine.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=247063.0

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2017, 09:25:32 pm »
Now that you have had your cheese you must have your choose your whine.

Getting started early?  :beer:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2017, 09:28:38 pm »
Getting started early?  :beer:

All your wine are belong to us.  hic..