Author Topic: President Trump Enters Phase II: “Hire American” – Wall Street/GOPe Prepares to Fight Back…  (Read 1276 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Enters Phase II: “Hire American” – Wall Street/GOPe Prepares to Fight Back…
Posted on January 30, 2017   by sundance

…”There are trillions of dollars at stake”…

In addition to the content, pay close attention to the timing of policy delivery and the sequencing within the policy delivery.   With the outline of the visa suspension as lead-in toward a security policy, President Trump is also now entering economic policy phase 2.

It is all connected.

Within the larger economic construct of “America First”, the underlying supportive policy is easily seen as “Buy American, and Hire American”.  For the Phase One  “Buy American”, President Trump rolled out an aggressive push to leverage corporations and manufacturers to reinvest in U.S. manufacturing and U.S. production facilities.

While President Trump continues to push the economic benefits of domestic production, distribution and manufacturing. Phase Two is directed at the “Hire American” half of this equation. However, President Trump’s expressed security policy on immigration and refugee status suspensions overlaps on the employment aspect within “Hire American”.

Now President Trump fights the “BIG CLUB”:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/01/30/president-trump-enters-phase-ii-hire-american-wall-streetgope-prepares-to-fight-back/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:50:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline kevindavis007

I don't think the Government should be telling people who they should hire and not hire.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't think the Government should be telling people who they should hire and not hire.
I don't think corporations should be telling the Government who they should and should not allow into the country.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline beandog

If someone is already in this country legally than the Government should not be able to tell a company who to hire.  If said company wants to hire someone who is here illegally or wants to bring people in from other countries, then the Goverment has every right to tell them no.

Offline beandog

I don't think corporations should be telling the Government who they should and should not allow into the country.
Agree.

geronl

Trump doesn't hire American at his own resorts

Offline NavyCanDo

Exactly. Domestically of course they have to remain within the law, which means not hiring illegals, but I don't think that is where this story is going.  What Government should not have the power to do is tell a US company they cannot expand outside country, or unfairly punish them for doing so. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline skeeter

I don't think corporations should be telling
 the Government who they should and should not allow into the country.

Damn right. Corporate American often want it both ways - government interference when its in their interest, otherwise they're all about freedom.

If Americans want a free market with a free flow of labor across the borders then they had better get used to standards of living more closely resembling those in the countries we're drawing labor from. We're already headed in that direction.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:30:03 pm by skeeter »

Offline endicom

Government has long been directing the economy and at the behest of who has the most to offer.

Offline The_Reader_David

Damn right. Corporate American often want it both ways - government interference when its in their interest, otherwise they're all about freedom.

If Americans want a free market with a free flow of labor across the borders then they had better get used to standards of living more closely resembling those in the countries we're drawing labor from. We're already headed in that direction.

Yup.  That's one of the reasons the left hates the Koch brothers so much:  they're the only significant moneyed interest that is resolutely for freedom all of the time, and thus can't be coopted with government give-aways.

On the labor issue, it's interesting given his protectionist stances that nearly the first policy declared by the incoming Trump administration was for a free trade agreement, including if not free at least freer flow of labor (or labour) with the UK.  He seems to have the (possibly correct) intuition that labor protectionism vis-a-vis countries with poor labor standards and low wages (e.g. China, Mexico) is a sound policy, while the opposite applies to other fully developed economies.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I agree with both of your, frankly.

The compromise to up the minimum wage for H1B's is a good one, IMO.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Conservative nuthouse.

Carry on.